What do you recommend to raise the hackles in the back of my neck?

a hair raising moment!! - ij d -ha arhj
@xboxboy (5576)
February 18, 2009 2:54pm CST
I recently bought a Sony surroundsound system and it is fab! What i would like is a recomendation of a good horror movie or something that will compliment the surroundsound system for myself and the wife to watch. Any suggestions?
2 people like this
3 responses
• United States
19 Feb 09
For surround sound purposes, Halloween (the original, I haven't seen Rob Zombie's remake) is great. The only sound that The Shape/Michael Meyers makes is heavy breathing and it comes out so much better - and creepier - in surround sound. It really helps to set the mood A couple of more recent ones that I think would be good are Darkness Falls (from 2003 with Emma Caulfield, because there has been more than one in recent years) and Darkness with Anna Paquin. There are a lot of soft and loud contrasts in both movies that should really come through well in your surround sound, I think. And High Tension, which is a French horror film that's a couple of years old (2005). I looked it up on Amazon because I honestly cannot remember if it was dubbed or subtitled and it looks like there are both versions available. It's pretty intense and should also be fairly effective on the surround sound system.
@xboxboy (5576)
27 Feb 09
great options!
• United States
19 Feb 09
end of the line, you might need to search for it but its really good, also try hatchet or seed those are two very good slasher movies.
@xboxboy (5576)
27 Feb 09
@sharay (2769)
• India
18 Feb 09
Hope you can watch "grudge" if you have not watched it yet, it has very a different sound effect which will really scare you out...try it if you havnt seen it yet
@xboxboy (5576)
18 Feb 09
i have grudge on DVD in the house!! i have not watched it for a long while. I never thought on a DVD that i already had.