What is it about fruit?

@hanasays (212)
United States
March 1, 2009 1:49pm CST
I've seen a lot of discussions on here about fruit, such as what fruit you like, how fruit is good for you, how to replace everything in your diet with fruit. Is there some sort of crazy fruit diet I don't know about?
1 person likes this
3 responses
@regal_aeros (2605)
• Singapore
1 Mar 09
haha. well... fruits are actually a great alternative to snacks. it's healthy and increases your vitamin C (apples / oranges) and it's fat-free. If i'm not wrong, apples help to make your skin radiant and tighten up your skin when you lose weight.
2 people like this
@hanasays (212)
• United States
1 Mar 09
Those are some good observations. I know fruit's good for you, especially citrus fruit, but I didn't know apples tightened your skin up.
@fasttalker (2796)
• United States
1 Mar 09
Fruits are very healthy for you and it is intersting to me to find that different countries like different fruits. There are a few weird fruit diets that I have heard of such as tha banana diet which is just wat it says. You eat nothing but bananas and drink water for three days and lose so many pounds. Obviously I don'tknow all the details but it's soemthing goofy like that! Then there is the grapefruit diet. That one would not work for me because that is th only fruit I do not like! Too bitter to suit me!
1 person likes this
@hanasays (212)
• United States
1 Mar 09
I didn't know there were so many fruit-based diets... thanks.
@oyenkai (4394)
• Philippines
6 Mar 09
Apples don't only help you with your skin, they also have a pretty high sugar content that is a good alternative to coffee or caffeine when you only need a little of it - plus it has good amount of fiber and fiber is always good with one's diet. Papaya is also a good fruit that aides in digestion - you can eat it either before or after. It's that efficient. Fruits are much better than junkfoods or high-calorie food, especially if they're processed because not only are they lower in calories but usually don't have fat. Avocado has fat but it's mono-unsaturated and is actually good kind of fat, not the "fattening" kind of fat that is just all too common in meat.