One Second After - Life Without Electronics

United States
March 20, 2009 10:56am CST
It's hard to go anywhere these days and not see someone talking on a cell phone. Technology is great, but it has its draw backs. This is especially true if you've ever been to a store or tried order take-out during a black out. Only a few businesses can handle the task of taking your order the old fashioned way. The rest tell you to come back later. Of course, we've joined the millions who own computers and cell phones. We use our phone to keep in touch with our family while we're traveling. One thought crosses my mind though- What IF? What IF the power went out across the country? It's not hard to imagine really. In his new book, One Second After, Dr. William R. Forstchen weaves a shocking tale of what could happen if the US was struck by a Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP). The scary part is that this kind of attack has already crossed the minds of the powers the be in US Government, who have conducted studies on it. The idea reminds me of the movie Pulse. I'm going to be stuck in bed after surgery soon. Do you have any suggestions on other chilling technology books that you like? What do you think you would do if we did have a EMP attack? Look forward to your thoughts and suggestions. You can learn more about this book by visiting www.onesecondafter.com.
No responses