Do you take people at their word? How do you check or double check facts?

United States
July 25, 2009 2:27pm CST
This discussion is part three in this series of discussions that I've started. I have some people following via e-mail so I'm going to explain in more detail what has gone on but first here are the two related discussions. [There is a good chance that I will be arrested]http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/2069641.aspx [I'm not arrested yet]http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/2079627.aspx I have not hidden the fact that my wife and I became estranged as a result of a situation where a detective lied in order to gain a conviction against me. My wife became cohorts with the church to have me excommunicated as a result of trying to stop the injustice and my life was drug into the muck and mire where I have struggled to survive against great pressure to force me into some kind of false reality and to make me into a liar or a criminal. The love of the children has also been at stake as my wife has pitted them against me poisoning their minds. Recently at work I had to fill out some paperwork for a review of our Health Insurance coverage and providers the report wanted to know of any pre-existing concerns for my family members covered by Health Insurance. I filled out the form realizing that yes, my son has a issue from birth that needs to be removed and at 10 years old this was once again brought to my attention. This being July 25th and my son's fourteenth birthday a week and a half ago I figured it is time to make sure that the medical need is taken care of. I can not talk to my wife she will not talk to me so I don't know if this concern of mine has been taken care of and Thanksgiving 2008 when I went to visit and wish the children a happy Thanksgiving the police were called and I was told that I was not to step foot on the property or I would be charged with trespassing. So my wife is now playing keep away with the children. My wife and her employer concocted a scheme to punish me but why? Because I wanted to restore my relationship with my children and my grandmother as my grandmother was going through having her property and living rights taken by my stepmother who is very close to my wife. On the day before Thanksgiving my step mother called the police and was going to have me arrested for trespassing when I went to visit my Grandmother at my Grandmother's house, my step mother was punishing me to stay away because she didn't like my testimony in court the day before. Now to the latest incident with my son and the police chief. I having no way to communicate with my wife or son (communicate as in communication that is interactive) I figured I needed to see and make sure that the medical issue has been taken care of, so I defied the verbal order by the police not to trespass and I went to the door where my son resides with his mother on property that is rented through her employer. For that I could have been arrested. So on Thursday on a day that I didn't have to work because work is slow as the economy is so bad I made this visit and I got a call from the police chief about an hour later. I then called the police chief back and left a voice mail and then he called me back and we talked over the phone. The conversation ended with me telling him exactly what my concern was and he was going to call my wife and talk to her. He would then call me back and let me know her response. So yesterday I went to work and as I finished up early because of a lack of work we are not doing the volume of business this year as we have in previous years. So being half way to Chalfont from where I live, I figured that I would call to request the paperwork or reports on these incidents from Thanksgiving and this past Thursday. I would have driven down to Chalfont to pick up that paperwork that day, but the release needs to be approved and paperwork has to be completed as there are new laws pertaining to the release of such documentation. When I got home yesterday there was a message on my answering machine from the Chief he said... "Hello Mr. Landis Chief Campbell of the Chalfont police just to let you know I did make contact with your wife this morning and apparently your son has received all medical -- according to your wife all medical treatment that he needs at this time and he is fine. If you like give me a call back at ###-###-####. Other than that I would appreciate that both of you get some sort of a custody or visitation order in writing so that we don't have to go through all of this. Thank you" Okay, I've got two things here: First, I am working on the court process first things first, and we know the custody and visitation orders currently could be based on the fabricated information that exists in the system to my detriment. Secondly, to the point of the title of this post, there is a child born with a medical condition to my knowledge this condition has not been corrected and the mother is an admitted liar. Would you trust that the medical need of my child has been addressed and take her at her word for that or would you look to be absolutely certain that the problem has been removed? Personally I want to be certain that my child's future is not in jeopardy. If you leave things go too long they grow and become a great big mess, look at the mess created by a little lie by a detective, look at the damage all around the world created by one lie after another. We need to hold people accountable, sometimes a visual check is all that is required and most definitely transcripts and reports help to prove the facts.
2 people like this
8 responses
@Quiplet (255)
• United States
25 Jul 09
Call your insurance company. They should have been sending you any and all claims. Amy
3 people like this
• United States
25 Jul 09
Back in November with the issue of my daughter being treated and I wasn't notified about her treatment but I was forced to deal with making sure the co-pay was taken care of... Since then I haven't had anything come to me from the insurance carrier. My wife and children have been silent to me or giving me the silent treatment for a long time. They can't break my spirit so this hardens their heart and makes them try to find ways to block or obstruct justice. Who is 'they'?
1 person likes this
• United States
25 Jul 09
Oh' and welcome to the Lot... I hope you enjoy your time here...
1 person likes this
@Quiplet (255)
• United States
25 Jul 09
Thanks. It seems to me if you have not heard from your insurance, it's likely your son has not yet been treated for his condition. I would say to keep the voice message and let it go. Make sure you also document the name/time etc. (blog doesn't do)
3 people like this
@Lakota12 (42600)
• United States
26 Jul 09
yes I know you will make sure you keep a copy of this call from the Sherrif. also I would really think that since you had to do co[pay fofr daughter you shoould have had something from your insuranvceabout co-pay about son if he has been treated. This just isnt right to keep you from your kids like this. I wish you could get some intervention form somewheres that could take pics or what ever of son if teh condition is seeable! How Is grandma is she doing ok and can you see her?
3 people like this
@Lakota12 (42600)
• United States
26 Jul 09
WEll THat would be awful if a vet did the work. but ya still need to know dont know how you would find out tho. And glad ya got a friend to join also glad you got to see grandma and with your son good thinking!
3 people like this
• United States
26 Jul 09
I would like to visit more but not on my own... My great uncle can call and I would go or my Grandmother's nephew... Or my children... Beyond that I have to wait for the system to actually move and in the right direction.
1 person likes this
• United States
26 Jul 09
That is the truth now isn't it, did you see one of my good friends Quiplet joined MyLot and what I wrote to her? I took my son to see my Grandmother on Father's day I won't go near that house alone I need a witness to make sure there is no funny business.
1 person likes this
@LittleMel (8742)
• Canada
26 Jul 09
the other responder is right. you need to keep the police's message, don't delete it. since you said the mother is a liar and she has quite a few people on her side, you need to find as much proof as you can that your child is taken care of properly. a lie is like fire, small is overlooked, big is harmful. I hope someone there can help you sort things out.
3 people like this
• United States
26 Jul 09
One lie always leads into another and then mistakes are made and people get hurt. My wife needed to learn to be open and honest, she needed to learn to communicate in a constructive way, what the children have learned from her is to cover up the truth with lies. I want them to have a good moral compass to live a good and healthy long life.
2 people like this
• United States
26 Jul 09
Ok. Strange posting. Are you the ex???
2 people like this
@kprofgames (3091)
• United States
26 Jul 09
Okay, wow. I agree that keeping the recording from the office is manditory here. Tape it and give it to your lawyer. Since their is a medical need here and the foul play involved, I'd peticion the judge directly and make sure there is a court appointed liaison that regularly checks on your son and makes sure that medical treatment is being dealt with. Honestly the court system does not favor fathers when it comes to separation, divorce or child issues. It's slowly changing, but it has a loooong way to go. I think you best bet here is petitioning the judge directly with the medical issues and make sure that he's getting the attention he needs.
3 people like this
• United States
26 Jul 09
I'm on it and doing all I can to make sure everything is well recorded and documented. There might be more to this than meets the eye, see Quiplet above...
1 person likes this
@tundeemma (894)
• South Africa
26 Jul 09
i don't ordinarily take people for their words these days especially as economies are getting tougher and people are looking for ways of making money, it will be at one's own peril to think that people are always right in their own senses but some people want to build their own reputation and make others look like fools before them so its ideal to verify every information
• United States
26 Jul 09
I would agree in order to make certain no crimes are being committed, it doesn't hurt to verify the facts. If my wife had previously lied to the police what is to stop her this time also? Lying to the authorities or having the authorities lie or use excessive force are all crimes. These crimes violate the freedoms of each citizen, discrimination, hypocrisy, and greed are at the root of the crimes.
1 person likes this
• United States
25 Jul 09
I hope you did not erase the message tape from the Chief of Police. I would be keeping that for sure. Being in a situation like this is heartbreaking since your ex-wife if not reasonable, but then again I feel you are feeding into this by being disrupting. Let the lawyers handle this and just be sure to keep tape conversations from your answering machine, good notes with dates and times and hopefully you have a digital camera in case pictures need to be taken. Backing yourself up is the key to all of this.
3 people like this
• United States
25 Jul 09
Here are those links that didn't work, I should have used a space between the title and the link, sorry... [1.There is a good chance that I will be arrested] http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/2069641.aspx [2.I'm not arrested yet] http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/2079627.aspx
1 person likes this
• United States
29 Jul 09
The next in this series of posts can be found here: http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/2084170.aspx
• United States
25 Jul 09
If she has an officer on her side and you want custody, then your'e probably gonna get screwed. Thats how it always works out. No matter what, its always in the best interest of the child to be with the mother. I think it's crap, but thats the way it is.
3 people like this
• United States
26 Jul 09
I hear ya' I could add a lot to what you write...
1 person likes this
@Quiplet (255)
• United States
25 Jul 09
Contact your insurance company. They should be providing you will all claims. Amy
2 people like this