AFFILIANO - Scam or not; Demystified

@rg0205 (2636)
Hong Kong
September 4, 2009 10:22am CST
If you're reading this then you probably are wondering whether or not the program of Affiliano.com is a scam. 2.00 to 4.00 dollars per referral? Sounds good, don't you think? Please READ through this before you decide to sign up. I am not recommending or promoting this program. This is absolutely without bias. Let me share this with you, as there is a great lack of information available to those out there who have come across this program. Most of what you're seeing on the search engines are positive reviews which really are from the same person, or from Affiliano. A family member of mine signed up a few days ago. Actually, not just any family member. It was my Mom. We both are keen on money making activities online for residual income because what better way to earn passively than to participate in the online money making opportunities on the web, right? Anyway, okay, so she signed up and here's what we both found (yes, I was looking at her account since she was showing me what's going on). 1) You dont get paid in US dollars. They pay in New Zealand Dollars. 2) They offered a 100 dollars bonus that did NOT reflect on her account after she completed the whole sign up process. 3) In order for you to get your referrals, you need to buy the hostmonster hosting package that comes with a free website. Why? Well, they earn $65.00 from this, or so hostmonster says. (We knew this before signing up but I just thought to throw this in there for those who think you can earn just like that because of their advertising campaign - get info FREE) 4) When you look at hostmonster's site the monthly subscription fees are 6.95 USD monthly or 5.95 USD because of a special promo (we checked) but when Mom signed up, they charged her 7.95 USD per month. 5) Yes, you get free Advertising Credits on Yahoo, Miva, Google but only for US and Canada. So that's not really international user friendly, is it? And we're from Asia. 6) This whole sign up process took almost 3 days, sending email after email after email. Here's how it went (I know this because I helped set up the account - and they say they have good support. i) Sign up on the site ii) Get a welcome email with info package iii) Sign up with hostmonster.com iv) Send your welcome email to the affiliano support v) Affiliano sends you a form vi) You fill the form up and send it back vii) You wait until they approve your request and send your log in details 7) They offer free templates to promote their site. Yes, but what good are those 20 templates when only 3 work? They had an error, HTTP 404 cannot be found. Support from Affiliano was only available 24 hours later. 8) Support was slow. They only respond to tickets between 24 hour periods. Because of the sign up process and technical issues, this whole "set up" took over 3 days. So, the testimonial you see on the homepage is fake. You can't set up your account in minutes or within 24 hours. 9) You cannot choose any means of advertising. You cannot buy traffic to your page. The best ways you can promote Affiliano is through pay-per-click advertising or pay-per-lead, which works if you use Google Adsense. But how much are you going to pay for advertising to get one sign up? Alternately, they recommend you to write on free social networking sites like ezine or the likes. Then they also recommended one site that you can pay to get someone to write about your page or get a "press release" out. 10) This is an important point - They claim that Matthew A. earned 13,000 + in his first month (on April). The only payment proof that has been up is his stats on Affiliano.com. Nothing more. The same news came up on August 2009 for some reason. They are advertising Matthew A's accomplishment in the August 2009 news. A repeat? For advertising purposes? What's more is this. When you log into affiliano.com (When you already have your paid account), you'll see a list of Google instructional videos to set up your ad campaigns. Guess what? Who does the tutorials? None other than Matthew A! I can tell you, it's the same voice, same accent and you only get to see the Google video when you log in after you paid for your hosting package. What does this tell you? 11) Google affiliano and you'll note that the first 20 listings that come up are from the same person. I wouldn't be surprised if the owner is "Matthew A." or anyone who runs the Affiliano program (Admin). Then look at youtube, it is the same. Although the websites have different addresses, you'll note that the content has the same text or there are link in each website that just link to each other like a link exchange or loop sort of way. Still, they all lead back to the same main website. For a newbie in pay-per-click or adwords/ ad campaigns, I do not recommend this program. I would also not recommend this program to intermediate/advanced users. In short, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I think that any program that tries and entice people to sign up under false pretenses is not a good program because it shows the lack of moral value and principles of the owners. I heard that they ran affiliate junktion before - never heard of that program until now. I did Google it and found that they scammed people. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the same people involved with Affiliano. After reading my take on this, of course, it is entirely up to you whether or not you'd to sign up regardless. What my Mom did? She canceled her account and requested for a refund with hostmonster.com
2 people like this
No responses