When will Real Madrid Lose?

@tvb2009 (237)
Singapore
September 22, 2009 4:28am CST
Real splashed out hundreds of millions euros on players in the off-season and has yet to lose yet. With Kaka, Christiano Ronaldo, Xabi Alonso, Karim Benzema, Raul Albiol all in the squad. Real has so far yet to fail under the expectations of fans and their president Florentino Perez. So the question now is, When will Real Madrid lose and who will have the honor of beating them?
2 people like this
16 responses
@stvasile (7306)
• Romania
22 Sep 09
Up to this date, Real Madrid only played against weaker teams in the Primera (Depor, Espanyol and Xerez). The first solid team they will face is Sevila, away, on October the 4th. If not, I am sure they will lose away at FC Barcelona on November the 29th. In the Champions League, I don't think the teams in that group are able to beat them. Not even Milan. They might draw away against Milan or at Marseille, but I don't think they will lose any matches in the group stage. They will have to face much better teams beyond the group stage, and my prediction is they will not reach the final. Maybe they will play in a semi-final, but the final is too much for them this season.
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
22 Sep 09
That's interesting prediction that Real will not reach the final this year. I have mixed thoughts about that though. This year's champions league final will be held at the santiago bernabeu, the home ground of Real Madrid. This fact itself will give them extra motivation to reach the final this year. They last won the champions league 7 years ago in 2002. Let's see how the season progress.
1 person likes this
@gunagohan (3414)
• India
23 Sep 09
hi there stvasile, i would like to remind u people that Real finished second in the last season LA LIGA ....now they have added two bigger players on their side, that is the FIFPRO player , FIFA world Player of the current year and the FIFA world player of the previous year, its Cristiano Ronaldo and Ricardo Dos santos(KAKA)... i would remind another thing, that ur favorite barca's player lionel messi has to sleep in his house while Kaka is playing in FIFA world cup 2010... i would remind that messi would not win FIFA Player this time, because maradonna and messi have to take a cup of tea in their house while other teams are playing in FIFA world cup.. Argentina did not qualify to FIFA worldcup 2010, so no chance for messi ...
1 person likes this
@stvasile (7306)
• Romania
23 Sep 09
Your arguments about how Real Madrid now have an even stronger team than last season are strong and obviously valid. That still can't make me change my mind about supporting Barcelona. Your other arguments, even if they are true sentences, are pointless for this discussion. The fact that Argentina won't qualify for the 2010 World Cup (although they still have some small chance) and Messi's absence from the South African competition have nothing to do with this season of Spanish League... The World Cup will take place after this season will end. And even more than that, the discussion wasn't debating what team will win the Primera Division, but when (if ever) will Real lose a game during this season. My main conclusion was that until now, Real Madrid didn't meet any strong opponent in the Spanish League, so the victories they have until now are not extraordinary, but normal, considering the teams they played against.
@Dewfunk (87)
• Indonesia
22 Sep 09
To be honest I don't really think Madrid are really tested yet, especially their defensive qualities, The do have great midfield and attacking players, but the way they played still haven't convinced me the way Barcelona did. They will have a tough test against Villareal soon so Let see what they can do, I have to say Villareal has a decent shot to beat Madrid but I kind of think it will be a draw.. I don't really know who can beat Madrid as I don't really know their schedule but the likes of Barca, Sevilla, Valencia in La Liga have the chance to defeat them while Milan in the CL also has a shot to beat them
• Indonesia
22 Sep 09
Yes I agree, Real Madrid do get complacent and it usually is their problem. Honestly if Villareal were still being managed by Pellegrini I am sure Villareal will beat them, but now it is Madrid that is being coach by him, that's why I'm still not sure on the Yellow submarine's chance. However VIllareal will definitely test their defense, so if Madrid thinks that it would be an easy ride to beat Villareal, they will be in for a shock.
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
22 Sep 09
Yeah man. I like your comments. Looks like you are familiar with the Liga. Which team is your favourite?
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
22 Sep 09
Yes. I agree that Villarreal will test them. I won't be surprised if Villlarreal sneak a victory from that match. They are currently in 17th place and are certainly looking for a victory. The lights of Santi, Rossi, Llorente and Nilmar are not too be underestimated. Real Madrid do get complacent at times, which may cause them the game at times. What do you think?
@emmanola (482)
24 Sep 09
The truth is Real Madrid hasn't faced a tough team this season. However, this doesn't take anything away from the team. So far the team has won every match and that is a plus. We may not be able to assess the true strength of Real Madrid until the team faces decent oppositions like Barcelona, Villareal and Valencia in the Spanish league and other teams known to be strong contenders for the UEFA Champions League trophy. Personaly, I have my doubt about how far Real Madrid can go before the burble bust. My fear is that the team may "self destrust" and hope the players prove me wrong. Anyway, time will tell.
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
24 Sep 09
Yup. Villareal might test them in their next game at El Madrigal.
@akuler (3531)
• Malaysia
24 Sep 09
Hi tvb, I am also curious about this. They look like a team to beat this season at La Liga. With their new players, they seen to be a really strong team. But so far they only play against a weaker team and they will see the real challenge as the competition goes on. It is hard to make a prediction because even a small team can beat a good team on any given day. So we can say they will definitely win against the small team. So, good luck for them.
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
25 Sep 09
Yeap. I like your point on a weaker team can beat a good team. I believe in that too. I doesn't neccessary need for a big team to beat a team like real madrid. Anyway, thanks for commenting.
• Indonesia
24 Sep 09
they still has minus point in defense
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
25 Sep 09
Thanks for that. Valid point.
• Malaysia
25 Sep 09
Hopefully they won't. Spending a lot of money, losing a match would be a big disaster. With that kind of money, winning this year champions league is a must.
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
25 Sep 09
That's right. I believe that's florentino perez's aim for building this squad of galaticos.
@CALLIBAN (278)
• Portugal
23 Sep 09
No one is unbeatable. Real madrid always had a great team, but they didnĀ“t always won everything. Bu the way, just a curiosity: Cristiano Ronaldo Is from my country, but my favourite second team is stil Barcelona:P Barcelona it's one of the possible teams who can beat all others.
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
23 Sep 09
I agree with that. No team is unbeatable. Barcelona do play fantastic football on their best days.
@gunagohan (3414)
• India
23 Sep 09
people better wait, its too early to predict....i remind u that real finished 2nd during last season in the LA LIGA....Real has the best mid-fielders , its not that easy to defeat real in this season...they will win the title LA LIGA and they will win the Champions League... happy to respond... happy mylotting...
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
23 Sep 09
Thanks. Let's wait for the season to progress.
@cekadona (83)
• United States
22 Sep 09
well, when they meet the europe club that is my prediction
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
25 Sep 09
Well, their next champions league match is Marseille at the santiago bernabeu. How do rate Marseille chances?
@morange (92)
• Nepal
23 Sep 09
Yes this year Madrid spent more that 200 million euros to buy the best player in the world including C.Ronaldo..I think they will hardly lose the game with their strong side but may be there are other best team in U.K like Chelsea,Manchester United and so on who can defeat them..Hope this won't happen..
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
23 Sep 09
Yeah. The english teams are looking good too, tough battle on the cards for Real if they meet any english teams in the UCL at the later stages. I'm quite optimistic about the stronger italian sides too.
• Indonesia
23 Sep 09
Real madrid is the big team and they had win the Champion League 9 times.For these few matches they can play well and win most of the match.But they still have challenge by other team.Especially from the same league,Barcelona.The only one team that can defeat them is Barca.Because last season they are the terriffis team that win trebble winner.on for this year with some new young star they will defeat Real and all it's money and the superstars.
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
23 Sep 09
Certainly looks like you are a big Barcelona fan.. I'm awaiting the season's first El Clasico as well. It sure will be an interesting and entertaining game.
• United States
22 Sep 09
I think they gonna get beat up against Barcelona.
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
25 Sep 09
They will meet Barcelona on 29th November at the Camp Nou.
@Abiato (4)
• Egypt
23 Sep 09
In football nothing is impossible, as a team to stop Koruna prowess in front of in front of Real madrid and Jerez as well as the rest of the teams will be, the team was lacking in Jerez attacker sniper and his players make more effort, all the teams that play in front of Big Players are trying to do their best to date, did it last season Betis Barca and Espanyol to remember, and do many stars and play Always for some and an alternative did not come negatively
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
25 Sep 09
Thanks for commenting... Keep those responses coming in...
• Malaysia
23 Sep 09
Based on how real madrid is playing,they will not lose too many games.....they might lose to barcelona....but it will not be like the last time these sides met.it will be maybe 3-2,maybe 2-1.....real madrid cant be said of not scoring...so,it wont tat bad
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
25 Sep 09
Interesting to note that a lot of responses feel that Barcelona can down this real madrid squad. What do you see in the barcelona squad that has the quality to beat Real?
22 Sep 09
As others have already said they have not faced any decent opposition so far this season. I watched the game against Xeres on Sunday and they were not really that impressive despite the final scoreline. Real will face real pressure when they face the likes of Valencia, Sevilla and Barca. They are great going forward but I would say that their defence is very suspect still- one good thing though- there should be plenty of goals in their games this season.
@tvb2009 (237)
• Singapore
22 Sep 09
Thanks for your valuable comment. Keep those comments coming in.
@ivelinr (104)
• Bulgaria
10 Mar 10
One little bird told me that Real Madrid will lose on 10th March 2010 vs Olympique Lyon in The UEFA Champions League! I'm kidding! I just watched the match and to be honest I like the result. I don't like clubs who spend hundreds of millions and finally can't beat teams like Lyon. All expensive stars will have to wait for the next try in 2011.