Philippines was called Monkey Island of Philippines ???

Philippines
October 1, 2009 4:00am CST
This text was forwarded by one of my friend. I saw these blogs in Twitter from Koreans. I remember what one of the Korean said "have you heard the news?The MONKEY ISLAND PHILIPPINES is flooded. I hope the rain will never stop to drown those monkeys". All of them are laughing! Another korean said "they will all die because monkeys can't swim". Then laughed. Any reactions mga Kababayang Pilipino? As I said I don't want to generalized the hurtful words that had said to us.I mean I don't want to point accusation to all Koreans, I am sure there are not all like that. What makes me angry is the thought that we were presently that time don't sure if our lives will be saved by the large flood, and yet there are some PEOPLE ARE MAKING FUN OF IT. Me, I never never do that to other country. First of all, we are not MONKEY, why they keeps on calling as such. We don't have a tail. We are individual, a human being. Do you find it funny when you are facing death? I wish it will not happen to any country, because that situation was really bloodcurdling.
2 people like this
25 responses
@manong05 (5027)
• Philippines
1 Oct 09
In every country there are rotten eggs amongst the citizenry. I'm sure those statements are not representative of all the Koreans, they came from irresponsible people who has nothing better to do with their lives. LOL I would not worry too much. We have our own share of "monkeys" here and they do have too there. Let them communicate with each other. We just recently read in the newspapers about korean monkeys when one of them was abducted upon arrival at NAIA and was killed later on by another fellow monkey. Fortunately the latter was caught. Let them monkey around. Hahaha. Cheer!
• Philippines
3 Oct 09
hello levite, Yes, in the image of God, but there is this process we called evolution. and the ones in the bible were merely symbolism on how Genesis began. in the long run it was evolution. but i still believe god created us, but for me it wasn't through what bible dictates in the Genesis, i mean literally..oh yeah, here is the evidence of that chat from twitter. http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs248.snc1/9519_1233208313424_1325647879_30656777_7352233_n.jpg
• Philippines
1 Oct 09
Hello "ulit" Manong, Yeah, i mean. what's wrong with that we were all Monkeys before we became human. almost every single human on the planet was a monkey once, their ancester was. so, if every single person was a monkey, what would they be? well, probably just some spoiled child wanted attention because mommy doesn't talk to them
@levite (1062)
• Philippines
2 Oct 09
Letranknight, I don't believe in your statement that we were previously monkeys before for I don't believe in evolution. I believe in creationism that we were created in the image and likeness of God. Monkeys are monkeys. Humans are humans.
@rainzero (501)
19 Dec 09
a challenge of our true personality.^^ if they call us monkeys or mock us. let's not be angry about it.^^ anger leads to nothing. they will just laugh us in the end. rather take smooth actions by proving them something. we should act by virtues not by vengeance.^^ in that way we could put something or someone in shame and pretty sure that person who did it will regret it for the rest of his/her life. mabuhay ang pinoy! cheers!^^
@rainzero (501)
19 Dec 09
oh i did get the BR? wow! im so surprised. but honestly, yes we have to raise our heap up high and prove them much more than what they perceive in us. yes cheers kabayan! whew so cold here TT
• Philippines
1 Oct 09
hello Grecy, This isn't surprising, some or most of them are tend to be racist too. i remember this one conversation that i had with a co-worker about Koreans scrutinizing us for our religious beliefs about GOd, most specifically about our way of being forgive from our sins. it was rumored that some said where just being hypocrite and abuse this kind of redemption method of Christianity. These Koreans you mentioned probably had been living in a sheltered life for so long that if that they get attack by the NK, they should surely an crazily freaked out. well, ALL of us were originated from MONKEYS, any one who isn't is an ALIEN for sure...at least probably that's why they wanted to claim i supposed
@levite (1062)
• Philippines
2 Oct 09
Hi letranknight. I don't believe in your statement that we originated from monkeys for I don't believe in evolution. I believe in creationism that we're created in the image and likeness of God.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
5 Oct 09
i understand your opinion. i do believe in GOd too, but also in the ways of evolution. i believe God created us through the course of evolution and not what was literally stated on the bible about Genesis. i believe the words on genesis were merely symbolism on how the earth was created but did'nt say much about other planets and stars. there had been found stones of caveman's dated back a million or more years that believed to be our ancestors. . if we are created in his likeness then we should have super-powers too.
@levite (1062)
• Philippines
6 Oct 09
Sorry letranknight, but I think you have been deceived by liberal and modern theologians today who departed from the ancient teachings of the bible and even the church. The bible, the apostles, early Christians, church fathers and committed christians don't believe in evolution. Even Charles darwin who promoted it, on his deathbed, renounced the teachings of evolution and said He believed in God as stated in genesis. But too late, his followers already promulagted his false theories of evolution. Adam and Eve did not evolve. They were created by God as they were. We did not come from monkeys, if so, why is it there are still monkeys that live today. These monkeys must have been phased out if evolution were true.
@LordOzz (204)
• Philippines
1 Oct 09
Oh.. Tsk-Tsk. That's bad.Very Bad. I Have some Korean Friends in Letran. Ryt Letran? I'll just laugh at them. Let God decide what to do.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
1 Oct 09
hello Lord Ozz, I didn't know they were some Koreans there, but i doubt they have the same thinking as those who have said that in twitter.probably just another ignorant people who have nothing to do with their lives except make fun of other people, that's sad. seriously, i had no idead there koreans there, it's been like four since my graduation from that school. but i agree with you there, just laughed at them and let God decided, we have one life and should not waste it in some worthless people who simply want attention.
1 Oct 09
elow! iam so disappointed with koreans now!! they dont have the right to insult us filipinos coz we are better than them! they dont even speak english directly..how could them?!!!
• Philippines
2 Oct 09
Oh don't be disappointed, people are people no matter what, there are good and there are bad. Even if we are hurted, we should still respect everyone from different races. I will never do that to any human beings here on Earth.
@agv0419 (3022)
• Philippines
2 Oct 09
Many Koreans coming here in the Philippines to learn English they should be thankful to us that they can speak and write English instead what we got from them is criticism. It's very rude that they telling us that we are monkeys. If they are in the same situation like us I hope they would realize how bad it is. Why others making fun of our misery I can't understand . Now I change my mind for idolizing Koreans they don't deserve it they are heartless.
• Austria
2 Oct 09
All I have to say for the fellasz who insulted us,they should SHUT UP.If they don't have anything good to say and just want to insult us then they should just keep it to themselves. :)) They should be thankful that it's not their country who's facing this terrible calamity.:)). Seriously,instead of having sympathy for the people in the Philippines,they choose to insult us.how heartless.:))
• Philippines
2 Oct 09
Hm,,, well i guess we all just have to move on right? and in response to the other comments,we should not be alarmed by those kind of comments given by other races, i agree it was rude for them to call the Philippines "the monkey island Philippines" but what the hell? its not true isn't it? that Korean person didn't talk as if he/she was talking for all Koreans. but personally, who ever said the thing about us being monkeys is surely and absolutely DUMB! if all of us drowned,would other Koreans living in this God given country we call the Philippines drown also?Maybe he/she isn't just thinking right,.. drunk even^^, some of my good friends are Koreans, i study at Saint louis university here in Baguio City,there are lots of Koreans here, not just them but other races, Different religions different beliefs,.. My friend, she is a Korean already said sorry about this and some other Koreans too in my class, in my school in my village and in the student flats and even my Korean friends in my face book. all i got to say is that we all just have to move on and don't get affected by "some" things we read and see on the internet. i wish a good day to all and always keep safe,and pray for everybody because of the said Category five typhoon, News say the typhoon will arrive here in later today. pray for everybody Filipino or not.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
3 Oct 09
I guess you're right. probably she regretted it later since she had so many followers already there..
@ratyz5 (7808)
• Philippines
12 May 10
I have read something entitled "Screaming Monkeys" which is a collection of issues where racist comments against Filipinos were dealt with. There was also this account wherein Gen. Mac Arthur made a very racist comment about Filipninos but, during that time, Filipinos were looking up to him in helping the country in war. Then again, even within any country, there are divisions that would also give good or bad comments to each other. They would often mention it in jokes or just blurt it out as if it a common phrase and everyone would understand. Anyway, a racist comment would often be heard every now and then. Sometimes it boils my blood and at other times, I would just laugh it off and also give a racist comment to that person. I can dish out around five bad things for every single negative remark that they could say. Of course, that's not something to be proud about. We should practice our tolerance to those who are narrow minded. Hopefully they can be informed properly. Honestly, why bother with their idiocy? Yeah, they can group together to make fun about it but, they are still a mentally handicaped group none the less until they start using their heads to view things from a wider perspective. If you can comment bad things to others, others can do the same to you. Most of the time though, more severe than what you said. Unfortunately, from that, one would retort with something worse and it would continue like that..
• Philippines
13 May 10
Maybe some are bothered because they are hurt, they are sensitive to take this kind of insult. Anyhow if that is not true, why not be feel insult? I like your inputs on this topic, you deserved a best response my friend, but I already given it to someone. I admire your thoughts I want to participate in your discussion too.
1 person likes this
@ratyz5 (7808)
• Philippines
13 May 10
Some people get hurt or insulted because even if such remarks are not true and are just ridiculed for petty amusement, such things that get ridiculed are actually things that do contribute to a person's identity, which in turn affects the person. Well, knowing that you would consider my post earning a best response is good enough for me
@sandymay16 (1617)
• Philippines
1 Oct 09
Now really that's being irresponsibly inhumanely disgusting waylaid group of people on this planet. They can laugh all they can not knowing that there actions will surely boomerang to them. Why? because not all Koreans are like that but most people now will think Koreans are like that. Anyways, we Filipinos will just laugh at something so absurd. And monkeys can swim they just don't like to get their furs wet. How ignorant of them. There are more pressing issues we are going to face than take notice of the things that aren't true and maybe they are really the ones who are monkeying around. Whatever that means. LOL
• Philippines
2 Oct 09
This is so sad. well, racism is always part of the culture among all of us. we don't need to focus on these things because we all knew that we're different from each other and were not that much of a lover as well with our own people. we are racist ourselves with regards to our fellow filipinos. so, this shouldn't bother us a bit.
• Philippines
2 Oct 09
I agree. We all have to move on from this. A korean friend of mine already said sorry in this behalf. I will never do that to any other races.
1 Oct 09
damn koreans,,, you know i use to love koreans but when i heared about this... damn it! get out of here in our land koreans go back to your caves.. i were given a chance to vanish a country i'll choose your f***** country
• Philippines
1 Oct 09
Koreans, are and some of my friends, are the rudest people on earth. Not ALL, but some. Excuse me, after world war 2 and when S.korea was rebuilding it self, they always get the best architect, and that would be FILIPINO's. And we all know that S.Korean's envy our way of speaking english. Sorry, this MONKEYS has the brain to challenge your smartest people, S.Korea. Sorry, the island where this MONKEY live was the FIRST country to have democracy. SO ENVY US.
1 Oct 09
damn it! koreans,, if you are calling us monkey get out in the philippines... if i were given a chance to vanish a country i'll choose korea.... sorry i cannot tollerate this kind of news
• Philippines
6 Nov 09
they are just 2 koreans out of a gazillion, this should not affect us in any way
• Philippines
1 Oct 09
that [jen_shwa] was an imposter Jennifer He Swa. If she can't even post her real picture then why the hell would u give a damn on how she looks like? she's a hilarious attention-seeker! could she imagine how malevolent she was for wishing a million lives to be gone? her life as well as her family's life could not be enough to pay for what she wants. she was an effing Mongoloid/Yellow race. how could she say that we were the one's whos's monkey here? Koreans look like they got AUTISM for what they looks like.!!! an "ARGH" for that. that biatch won't get any better!!!!!
• Philippines
2 Oct 09
May I know who is Jennifer She Wa?
• Philippines
3 Oct 09
THis jen_shwa was the user who actually posted the damn insult about FIlipino drowning like monkeys.. Here is the link http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs248.snc1/9519_1233208313424_1325647879_30656777_7352233_n.jpg
• Canada
1 Oct 09
Why are you inciting this sort of hatred? One ignorant person in Korea does not make the entire country racist. The older generations in Korea do not forget the contributions of the Filipinos during World War II and the Korean war. The younger generations do. Instead of flaming the fans of racism amongst your own kabayan, why don't you encourage them to educate the youth of the Philippines and Korea, who do not share the memories of the older generations? Probably because you don't have any sense of your place in the world.
• Philippines
2 Oct 09
Probably because you don't have any sense of your place in the world. - what this is very offensive!!
@ym2513 (1)
• Philippines
1 Oct 09
Hi, I saw your message from my classmate, and look for the person who sent that message to you because I am KOrean Who in the philippin. If that messege is real, and from Korean, please sent the original address in Twitte. I tried look for that in Twitter but I did not see any thing. If there is abnormal korean, and he/she written it... I am really sorry. However, if there is no any proof,, Please remove that.
• Philippines
2 Oct 09
I am not generalizing Korean, of course not all Korean are like that. The Twitter account was deleted according to my friend, because I am too tried to find it on Twitter and I can't find it too. However, I can't remove the topic. If you find it offensive you can report me.
• Philippines
3 Oct 09
here it is ym. : http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs248.snc1/9519_1233208313424_1325647879_30656777_7352233_n.jpg
@johndur (3052)
• Pasig, Philippines
17 Feb 10
those creatures really are making fun huh. the only thing i can say is there is a lot of creatures like them here in their so called monkey island that is also becoming like us.now do they also include their fellow creatures to drown also?i hope no worst catastrophy would befall them or i will also be laughing at them telling my fellow "monkeys" "hey guys look at those creatures scampering for their lives and seeking help from us monkeys,do we help them or just watch them and make fun of them.racist are all over the world and what ever they think of us is what we think of them also.
@shibham (16977)
• India
14 Aug 10
yes, i have seen a discussion here in mylot months ago where a phillipino member complained that someone said her as "all philipinoes are monkey". exactly i cant guess what those stupid persons want to prove. are they living in very high status of society. how they get the freedom to insult a nation? very rude. what ever they say it automatically proves their own identity that who is monkey in real. don't worry. we all are with you phillipinoes.
7 Oct 09
I've received that text also. Anyways, I don't steroetype. Maybe that stupid Korean is just jealous of Filipinos. That Korean has some serious issues within himself. I just hope he or she knows how to swim becuase karma is just around.
• South Korea
10 Oct 09
He/She is not a Real Korean. He is a Anti-Korea Japanese troll who pretend to Korean. I know that guy. His youtube account name 'cheondangmoon4'. Obviously, He/She is NOT a real Korean. Japanese or Anti-Korean troll who pretend to Korean.
• Germany
7 Mar 10
after reading all the answers i can't help but laugh LOL I think there is no other way to react to the insult but by laughing it off. BUT not unless you happened to be infront or near where this conversation took place, you would probably end up fist fighting. I am sure though that this conversation came from a group of Koreans who maybe one or two or all of them have one time been insulted also by our fellow kababayan. We dont really know the whole story ..so putting the burden on one side would not be fair.
• Portugal
12 Aug 10
so sorry for it. those people were stupid joking with it. they joked bcs they didnt be in gthat situation so they dont know how scaring it is. me also i didnt be in that situation but i know how hard it must be to make fun of it. for sure it was very scaring that you wouldnt even know if you would be alive in the end of the day. we should never make fun of those situations bcs we also can be in that if that happens in our country. also filipinos are very sweet so be proud of your people and dont care for what they said. for sure you are not monkeys^^