The Church is thought to be the bride of the christ?

United States
October 17, 2009 3:59pm CST
Do you believe the Church could possibly be the bride of the Christ (Jesus)? What kind of an arranged marriage has been allowed to be perpetrated upon the Christian believers? Have you ever considered the Carbon footprint of the Church? If you want to reduce green house gases and pollutant emissions have you considered the waste of resources by the entity of Organized Religion? How much corruption in our world is the direct result of religious ideology or beliefs? Wars over property and the accumulation of weapons have been waged for far too many years and the teachings of Jesus have been ignored. I can state unequivocally that I am certain Jesus would not want to be worshiped in the manner that hides the truth from the community! Jesus would take a stand for the poor and oppressed! Think about it... The lives of your children are on the line...
1 person likes this
2 responses
@Lakota12 (42600)
• United States
18 Oct 09
never heard that one but then I was baptised a MOrman altho I dont beleive all of it so I dont go to chrch. And your right Jesus would stick up for the poor and oppressed
1 person likes this
• United States
18 Oct 09
Jesus turned over the tables in the Gospels he was offended that the money changers were taking from the poor the gifts that the poor offered and those gifts were not good enough and had to be exchanged and then the money changers were selling the very insufficient gifts as better gifts to the next poor person in line... It was corruption at the worst level of human exploitation. I think Jesus was against all forms of corruption... See my post about missing letters that were sent certified mail... Talk about corruption???????????
@Lakota12 (42600)
• United States
18 Oct 09
yeah I read that story. and I read that one too. Oh and I just thought of this isnt the Nuns surpose to be the brides of Christ?
1 person likes this
• United States
18 Oct 09
My Catholic teachings don't inform me that the Nuns actually become the brides of the Christ, they are to give their life in devotion to the work of GOD, as for the role of celibacy both male and female in the work for the Catholic Church it proves a certain point, to reduce the population of the world and the ability of the many participating in such a manner to sell the idea or concept to others. You have to be manipulated in order to give up your right to bear children. Many will fail this test of the Catholic Church as a result we have then many problems.
• Indonesia
20 Oct 09
i do not believe that church is place to pray =)
1 person likes this
• United States
24 Oct 09
Praying takes place on the spot, where ever you are in a need for prayer, you will pray anywhere any time needed or not... There is nothing wrong with taking a moment or two to pray... My life is dedicated as a prayer, even though there are parts of my life that I failed, I'm not a complete failure... I too am human.