What's the best Christmas film?

December 17, 2009 9:56am CST
Christmas is so close now, we can all smell it but what do you think is the best Christmas film ever. I am asking this question for many reasons, first of all I need some films for my Christmas day as me and my family will be watching a few and some people would want to know too maybe for the same reason I am. Anyway I recommend 'The Grinch' and for the adults 'Bad Santa'. What's yours?
1 person likes this
6 responses
@suspenseful (40193)
• Canada
17 Dec 09
My favorite Christmas movie is an oldie. It is "Christmas in Connecticut" starring Barbara Stanwyk. It comes on the TCM channel every year and is about this celebetiy who is sort of like the Martha Stewart of her day (the end of World War II) but unlike Martha Stewart or Rachel Ray, she cannot cook. They have her invite a solider who was missing and found and she has to pretend that she is this wonderful cook, and with a husband who is going to have a renewal wedding==== well it is so funny. The next favorite one is A Christmas Carol, and after that it is Home Alone, then The Christmas Story.
@veromar (1453)
• Argentina
18 Dec 09
My mom absolutely LOVES "Christmas in Connecticut"! She watches it every year for Christmas and probably 4 or 5 times during the year just because she likes it so much!
@suspenseful (40193)
• Canada
18 Dec 09
It is a really funny film. I loved that part where Barbara tried flipping pancakes and the part where one of the factory girls had to take her baby home and the other one left her baby and it was a boy and Barbara got so confused. It was hilarious.
@wiccania (3360)
• United States
18 Dec 09
Well, to start off with, you can never go wrong with all those holiday specials we watched as kids -- rudolph, frosty, santa clause is coming to town, the grinch, merry christmas charlie brown, etc. Gotta watch those every year. I also love Polar Express, The Santa Clause and A Christmas Carol for more "mainstream" movies -- there are so many versions of A Christmas Carol to choose from. If you've got young kids, you might look into Mickey's Christmas Carol or Muppet Christmas Carol so they stay interested. For something more along the lines of made for TV specials, some of my favorites are Holiday in Handcuffs, Single Santa Seeks Mrs., Meet the Santas, Secret Santa, Santa Baby, A Dog Named Christmas, The Christmas Wish... they're the ones you can usually find on Hallmark and Lifetime during the holidays, but they're actually good, touching, holiday movies. YOu know, the ones that are kinda sappy, but make you feel good at the end. Oh I almost forgot -- White Christmas, which I finally saw for the first time a couple of weeks ago.
@greenline (14838)
• Canada
18 Dec 09
My favorite Christmas film is "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby and Danny Kay. I have watched this movie many times, and I enjoyed it every time. Bing Crosby is a wonderful singer, just the right singer for Christmas too. If you haven't seeh "White Christmas" yet, then I would certainly suggest that for your family Christmas eve.
@veromar (1453)
• Argentina
18 Dec 09
For me it has to be "It's a Wonderful Life". I just love the whole thing and watch it every year as my holiday treat. Here's a link to imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038650/ Directed by Frank Capra and starring Jimmy Stewart (one of the greatest actors of all time!) and Donna Reed. A great story that has held up throughout the years. I like "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", the original animated movie but didn't care too much for the Jim Carrey version. "Bad Santa"?!?!?!? It's just......bad, although I thought Billy Bob Thorton did an amiable job in it.
@Revan2009 (469)
18 Dec 09
The Snow man is a classic that we always watch on christmas.
• Philippines
17 Dec 09
Alvin and the Chipmunks ahehehe i love that movie. and the Squekuell will be released this next week before christmas. =)