What product and brand have you used since you were a child until now?

Philippines
January 24, 2010 4:15am CST
Oftentimes, we buy certain that we are very loyal to. There are some products bought by our parents when we were younger and we still use them until now. One of these is Colgate Toothpaste. I have been using Colgate Toothpaste since I was younger. I still use it until now. Another product is Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. Oh! And yeah, Vicks VapoRub is another product that I still use until now. Yes, I have tried other similar products but found myself going back to those that I am used to. How about you? What are those products that you have used since you were younger and are still using until now?
4 people like this
49 responses
• Estonia
24 Jan 10
I think the one of these products is just like in your case, a Colgate toothpaste. Another one is perhaps the lemonade made in our country, I remember I loved to drink it in my childhood and I still love to. The taste of that lemonade has still remained as good as it was back then.
2 people like this
• Philippines
25 Jan 10
Consistency is really important when it comes to quality. It's nice that the maker of your favorite lemonade did not sacrifice quality for profits.
@AmbiePam (85496)
• United States
24 Jan 10
Yes, come to think of it, one product in particular comes to mind. Tide detergent was always what my mom used to wash her laundry, and that is what I usually bought, and even what my sister buys. We once talked about how we just assumed it was the best detergent because my mom always used it. She told us she used it, because HER mom always bought Tide.
2 people like this
• Australia
25 Jan 10
I doubt that I use anything my mother used, but since I have been married for almost 50 years, there are products I have used for a l-o-n-g time. One product I would find hard to replace with anything else is GUMPTION cleaning paste. I find it marvellous for removing any grease or difficult stains and for cleaning baths, showers, stainless steel sinks, frypans etc. I have tried other similar products over 50 years, but always come back to the faithful Gumption. I am sure there must be other products but that is the only very long-term one I can think of.
1 person likes this
• India
24 Jan 10
Hi, U are right. All the three products mentioned by u hv been there since i was a child too. My mother used to rub Vicks on my throat and chest when I had bad cough. Though many new products have come in the market, but I also used Vicks for my son on many a occasions.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
24 Jan 10
It's nice to know that you are now using (for your son) the product used by your mom (on you). Great!
@MrKennedy (1978)
24 Jan 10
Although I regularly experiment with different products, I have always seemed to favour Colgate toothpaste over any other kind of toothpaste since I was a kid. My dentist has never had a complaint, and my teeth are still looking decent, so why change what works
1 person likes this
• Philippines
25 Jan 10
Consumers will always remain loyal to a company that ensures high quality...
@redex1 (40)
24 Jan 10
The brand i have used since i was a child is the baby oil. My mum use to use it on me when i was a kid, and now i still use it when necessary. I think it is good, and i would advise everyone else to use it as well.
1 person likes this
• United States
25 Jan 10
One thing I always use because it was always in my house as a child is the original Comet Bathroom Cleaner. Yes, there are many things on the market that supposedly work better; and things that take less effort to clean with, such as the Scrubbing Bubbles. But for me I must have the original Comet powder. My bathroom doesn't truly feel clean until I wash the tub, sink, and toilet with the stuff. My friend even laughed at me one time about it. We were shopping, and I asked him to lean down and get the Comet. He just stood there. I pointed directly to where they were and said "There they are." He looks back at me and said "What? You talking about the stuff that my Grandma uses in the tub?" and laughed. I don't care what people think, and what may work better. For me it will always be Comet as long as they sell it.
• United States
25 Jan 10
I just thought of something else I will forever use; Johnson and Johnson Baby Lotion. Not any of the other scents, just the original baby. Not only is the baby scent what I grew up with; even after seeing the commercials for the lavender and other scents, I will only use the one. My rationale is, *spoken with a southern accent* If I buy Johnson and Johnson I wanna smell like Johnson and Johnson lol!
@avimra (456)
• India
24 Jan 10
Hey! nice question. But I think a lot to find out the product i'm using since my childhood, and I ended up with nothing. I am changing the products frequently.
• United States
25 Jan 10
Vicks Vapo Rub, Band-Aid, Nintendo :P, Fruit of the Loom, Listerine, Nesquik heh
5 Feb 12
The brand the we used since I was young are safeguard soap, johnson's baby powder, nescafe, silver swan and also colgate toothpaste. I could say that me and my family are loyal to these products because aside from assurance it is proven that it has high quality and cannot be compared to other products. We tried some new products now a days but we decided to go back to the products that we are used to. Even if it has a higher price my mom still prefer to buy those products for us because, still the quality is there and there is the satisfaction when we consume it. And until now,those products are continuously improving and existing in the market no matter what. keep going! ..
8 Feb 12
I asked my mom if in the past she buys the same product we are using at present and oh yeah we are one of you haha! she buys Colgate toothpaste too.I don't know particularly what made us like that maybe its the cool fresh thing. haha! anyways,when i draw(though i'm not good) i love to use mongol#2 pencil, even though i have other kinds of pencils i still prefer monggol specially when shading sketch.
7 Feb 12
Until now, my mother is a fun of buying cosmetics with the AVON product. Like an example for that is the lotion. Lotion of Avon is nice to us because since I was younger, my mother buy and use it for purpose. Another is the laundry soap that we are using since i was young is PRIDE detergent soap because the soap is mild to the hand while washing our clothes. The brown sugar is one of the product that we're using.The bath soap which is safeguard. There are still lots of product that we're using since then and still insisting. we know that since younger, Mcdonald's and Jollibee is fun for kids, until now we go for it and that's we enjoining their products and make fun for it.
@zshen18 (12)
8 Feb 12
Because my Aunt is a direct seller of MSE I and my family are loyal to buy some of the products of MSE like shoes, bags and dresses, until now that I'm already a Direct seller of MSE.
@aims0824 (12)
8 Feb 12
I`ve been using Ponds since I was 13. I started using the facial cream until it comes with facial wash, toner, scrub, and other similar products. When I tried using other brand, the result was unfavorable. For that reason, I got stucked with Ponds. Same as Milo, I always look for it every morning, at work, during my break...
@sweet_pea (3322)
• Philippines
21 Apr 11
We usually use Colgate, Coke, Milo, Nescafe, Safeguard, Tide, Vicks to name a few. These are brands that I have grown to use over the years. I remember using them when I was young and I still use them for my own family as well. In fact some of them became generic names already. Like Colgate which refers to a toothpaste. There was a joke about it when a boy bought a toothpaste from a retail store and he said to the seller “Can I buy Colgate” and the seller replied “What brand? Pepsodent or Closeup?”
@Marikaru (47)
• Philippines
11 Apr 11
Ever since I was a child I used Colgate. My mother makes sure than my teeth is healthy. I can say that the product did work for me. I have healthy teeth and free from cavity too. And until now I'm still using the same product.
@megrez (11)
11 Apr 11
My parents influenced me in using analgesic balm or ointment instead of taking oral medicines when I'm experiencing some minor pains, either its a bruise, skin itch, muscle pain or headache. They introduce to me different brand for that product like Alaxan Gel, Tiger Balm, Sanitary Balm, Vicks Vaporub, and White flower but I always find myself coming back to Katinko Ointment. Though I tried to discover and purchase different or new balm or ointment on my own without the recommendation of my parents, I still used the Katinko Ointment. This ointment had been part and will always be on my essentials, it always on my kikay kit, bedside table and cabinet so I always have 3 with different sizes. I never end the day without smelling it or rubbing it on my nose, it soothing, comforting and very relaxing especially at the end of the day. And the other product that I used since I was young is Salonpas, the pain relief patch but I use it very rarely not as much as I used Katinko.
10 Apr 11
johnson and johnson... eversince this was the brand we're using for powder, oil, lotions and cologne.. my family and i still used those products until now because it havent caused as any problem in our health and irritation to skin..
11 Apr 11
when i was young i use Dove soap and until know i use it because it is so gentle and soft,, even Colgate toothpaste i use this toothpaste since grades school because the flavor like gum, strawberry and many more and my mom always buy this brand of toothpaste . i also love Victoria secret because of the smooth and light fragrance of the lotion and the perfumes "hindi nakakasawa". :)
31 Jan 12
ADDITIONAL POINTS We buy products that we are loyal to since we were a child. Some of the products that I buy since I was only a child are: BABYFLO PETROLEUM JELLY because I am more comfortable using it than the other petroleum. the COLGATE TOOTHPASTE is also one because since I was a child that was the brand that my family are using and we think it is more okay than others. And also the NIDO FORTIFIED MILK is also one of the products that I buy. Well, that's all I can remember that I am using until now.