Do RAPIST/Criminals deserve what Human Rights fight for?

@Boyetski (986)
Philippines
February 3, 2010 10:53pm CST
I was wondering why human rights organization protect the rights of those kinds of CRIMINALS while their victims if not dead is destroyed both emotionally and mentally. The scary thing is that Criminals use this rights to get away with some of their crimes or to avoid a just sentence.
3 responses
@Theresaaiza (10487)
• Australia
5 Feb 10
I know it's hard to forgive these people but whether we like it or not, God loves them nonetheless and they are still human beings. Human Rights has its downside of course, protecting the guilty, letting them get away with their crimes but how about those who were imprisoned but are actually innocent? Do they deserve to be abused? Tortured? Human Rights also protect these kind of people. As long as a person is alive he deserves a chance at forgiveness. Some killers, rapists, etc also have psychiatric and psychological problems and they really need to be watched but still they need our understanding and prayers. But then again, I know it isn't easy. If only we can be above the law, it would have been a delight for us to kill these people ourselves.
1 person likes this
@Boyetski (986)
• Philippines
5 Feb 10
Yes I think you may have a point on those people who are convicted who are actually innocent. We dont have any rights really to take the lives of these people. But human rights laws sometimes protect the real guilty. And hurt the victims even more. Well this does get us to a very ironic stage of the topic. All we have to do is to pray for those people to not do this things. But trying to understand them is really a hard thing specially if you are the victims family.
@atv818 (1980)
• United Arab Emirates
5 Feb 10
Very true! Criminals are using this to get away from the law and from being punish. They are protected. What about the victims? Who will care for them after the damage has been done or life has been extinguished?
1 person likes this
@Boyetski (986)
• Philippines
5 Feb 10
Yes I totally agree. Victims will remain victims even after the crime has been done, the sentence has been set. But criminals will only be criminals when their convicted but become a citizen again with the same rights when parolled. Which for me is unfair.
@Allie_xoxo (1063)
• Canada
4 Feb 10
This depends on the definition of criminal, it's never as black and white as one may first believe.