What causes discolored teeth ?

India
August 11, 2010 12:48pm CST
Cigarettes, Gutka, Tobacco and drugs etc are a few things causing discolored teeth. Are there any other and how do they cause discolored teeth?
2 responses
11 Aug 10
Coke, tea and coffee do unfortunately and I love all three! I try and balance it with whitening toothpaste though.
• India
11 Aug 10
Yes, all of them causes discolored teeth. But as far as I know, If we follow certain points like washing your mouth after drinking the above, can prevent the problem.
11 Aug 10
Also drinking your soda with a straw because the acids don't get to your teeth as much.
• India
11 Aug 10
Yes, it was right. And also rinsing your mouth with water after drinking or brushing your teeth will also help :) These are the points that I was mentioning above.
• United States
12 Aug 10
May I add that certain medications also contribute to yellowing of teeth, I know for sure that long term bacitracin can do this as well.
• India
12 Aug 10
Can you plz give the details of those medications that cause the yellow teeth?
• United States
12 Aug 10
Any antibiotics such as bacitracin caused yellowing of teeth, I know this because my daughter as a child was on this long term and I then had to spend lots of money with dentist to get them white as she had perfect teeth except for the side effects of this medication. There are several you have to look at the contraindications and or side effects to see if any particular causes this too.