Do you have those shopping point cards ?

@greenline (14838)
Canada
September 19, 2010 3:03pm CST
Many stores offer programs for joining to get discounts or collect points which can be used for discounts of various kinds. Have you joined those programs ? Do you have those shopping point cards ? Are you happy with them ? Please share your experience.
3 people like this
15 responses
@se7enthbird (8307)
• Philippines
20 Sep 10
i am from the philippines and i have a card too that collect points. we can exchange it with a gift card or use is as cash on something we will buy. we sometimes exchanged it with gift card that we give as gifts, or sometimes we keep the points until it reaches a specific point and we exchange it with an oven toaster or rice cooker or something like that. it all depends on what is the promotion of the card.
1 person likes this
@ergfortes (516)
• Philippines
19 Sep 10
Yes I do have shopping point cards and i use them often. I have membership cards that gain points on my favorite stores. It's really very easy to use because all you really need is to give it to the cashier when you purchase so you can get your points. You get to have rewards with the points you earned. It's fun to shop while you earn points and get rewards for doing so afterwards. I was able to get big discounts because of these shopping point cards i have. So if you love shopping and you do visit a particular store every time, get your reward cards and get points when you shop.
@KrauseHome (36448)
• United States
26 Mar 11
Well, I remember back in the day when a lot of places used to charge Fees to join things like this, and so many people never did. Now most of the places I shop at or with offer them as an incentive of some sort, but unless you spend a lot of $$ with them, I have never really seen much of a kickback with a lot of them as well. Our grocery stores around this area offer ones where if you spend a certain amount of $$ with them at one shopping trip then you can get like a 10 cent a gallon savings and personally that is a lot these days, but sometimes you have to check the prices to see if it is really worth considering still for sure.
• United States
19 Sep 10
I finally got a card for KMart/ Sears. I have only got a discount on jeans. In the fine print it says the points are on selected items. When I read that I thought i would never buy the " correct" items but I must have because I got a discount a jeans that were already on sale!
1 person likes this
@jugsjugs (12967)
19 Sep 10
I have lots of shopping points cards and there are times that i really benefit from the points that i have earnt.I seem todo alot of shopping on the internet and that also gives me points,which is even better as there are lots of ways to get points on one of my cards,as i can shop at lots of different places and earn points on the same card,so the points mount up quicker that way.
1 person likes this
@Soleil05 (136)
• United States
19 Sep 10
I used to have one while living in Europe, everytime I went to the grocery store in our town I used it and got points for my purchases there. Once I reached a certain amount of points I could turn them in for real money, but it was never a lot.. I only signed up for it because I shopped at this place a lot, so it was kind of worth it, otherwise I wouldn't have.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
20 Sep 10
My mom has lots of it. I use it when I go shopping. She tells me stories about how she uses the points. I think it's really helpful. You can save much from it. I love using it to earn points. I think it's really worth itm. ^_^
• Philippines
29 Sep 10
I don't have one for myself for I rarely go to the or the grocery store. But then I could say that those who own one benefited from it. Like my aunt, she has a shopping card and she enjoys getting such discounts. Every time she goes to the supermarket or department store, she always present it. Until such time that she exchange it to another product or they deduct it from the product she is buying. Although it is not that easy to earn those points and it really takes time,at least you still get something in return without you buying the item.
• Philippines
29 Sep 10
None. I don't like shopping point cards because it is very irritating for me. For every purchase they ask too many questions which is I don't like. The benefit in that shopping point cards are not that big so I don't use point cards like that.
@junalyn (17)
• Philippines
30 Sep 10
_yes, i do have and have tried it. actually i used it only for 2 years but its renewable. when the terms had end already, i didnt renew it again. it is something that different, you dont earn points because i paid for it then i think i didnt even used what i had pay so it is somewhat i lose it. now i dont trust those because of that experience. i was planning to try it at malls maybe when i have enough money to go shopping at an stable malls.
@chinne (22)
• Philippines
28 Sep 10
I do not have any of those shopping point cards because I do not usually shop. Of course, if someone like me who do not usually shop, won't avail of those shopping cards because first of all we will not be able to use them anyway. I think those shopoholics will be the one who will benefit more from those cards. That's why I'm sure they will really enjoy having such. But when I shop and there are promos and dicounts on a certain product I want to buy, or on those products that I know I will use in the future, I'm availing of those discounts, promos, and many others.
@jeyms27 (14)
• Philippines
29 Sep 10
Yes I have joined to those programs. I have a shopping point card and I am happy with it. Buy simply buying an item of at least worth 100 pesos, I am earning points that I may be able to use in the future. I was able to earn for as much as 100 points in which I was able to use it to buy a deodorant. It is good to join with this kind of programs because it will be an advantage for the customers.
• Philippines
29 Sep 10
Many stores offer programs to get discounts or collect points which can be used for discounts of various kind. SM department store is one who offer this program. I don't have shopping point card, because I don't really go shopping often. And I never joined this program for the reason that I am not take interest in that program. But now I want to try this program because I know it is beneficial to me as a customer.
@camposkat (306)
19 Nov 10
I do have a few. I have the Boots card, Body shop membership and discount card, Iceland card and Wesley Owen membership card. I rarely use them now because I'm not buying stuff from these stores at the moment but when I do get a chance to buy something, I use my card. Haven't really saved that much points on them so far so I cannot really claim any free gift or use the points to buy stuff. To be honest I'd want to have a loyalty card that will give you freebies everytime you shop so you are motivated to buy from their store but I haven't encountered any or I probably I haven't seen one yet.
@anurag3786 (6267)
• India
20 Sep 10
Hey i never joined these programs.. because i am not take interest in that programs... sometimes i fel taht programs are not good.. and only for attracts peoples so i never tried this.. but now i want to try these programs.. what about you..