Deplorable Record of the Democrats

@djbtol (5493)
United States
October 18, 2010 6:12pm CST
When you look at the numerical facts, it is quite obvious that the government controlled by Democrats since 2006 has been absolutely poor in performance. Consider these facts: Unemployment at 9.6%. It was 5.8% when Bush left office and obama promised it would not go above 8%. 13 trillion dollars - Hard to believe but the national debt now exceeds this massive number. As Sarah Palin said - don't tell obama what comes after a trillion! The deficite for the fiscal year ending last month is 1.3 trillion, which is 9.9% of the GDP. If you are scratching through the bottom of a dumpster looking for some good news, the national debt was 1.4 trillion the year before. $3.52 billion dollars of tax hikes were pushed for by Congress over the last two years, but Americans for Tax Reform were able to stop them. The extreme position held by the TEA party is that unreasonable spending and unreasonable taxation has gone on long enough and things need to change. Yes, obama is the hope and change president: I hope I can get a bunch of free handouts from the governemnt, and the change is that I can surrender my freedoms to the control of a communist government. I am sure we can do much better than that! Time to take obama and company out of the picture! source article http://townhall.com/columnists/CarolPlattLiebau/2010/10/18/by_the_numbers_the_democrats_deplorable_record
3 people like this
2 responses
@suspenseful (40193)
• Canada
19 Oct 10
Unless the Republicans and the Tea Party make a strong show in Congress, America is in trouble. One cannot spend, spend, spend their way out of recession and with Obama wanting a class war, them against us, it will not be long before the rich are considered anyone now considered middle class and I am not talking about the doctors and lawyers or the upper middle class. I am talking about regular home owners who have skills. The trouble is much of the debt is owed to China, a Communist country. And look at what the children and grand children have to pay, oh it gets worse then that, the great grandchildren and the great=great grand children.
@djbtol (5493)
• United States
20 Oct 10
The debt itself will eventually consume our economy. It only makes it worse that we are so in bed with china. China is a communist country and they will use their power against us whenever it suits their agenda. Seems like the perfect time to interject: and we might be stupid enough to reduce our CO2 emissions and our economy, while they claim to be a developing country. Does anyone have a brain?
1 person likes this
@suspenseful (40193)
• Canada
20 Oct 10
It does show me that the reason for all this Kyoto Accord and this Green Worship is to transfer the wealth from the West over to the developing countries. It also shows that they did not learn history. Way back in the past, those now developing nations were the highly civilized areas of the world. So now they want it back and the trouble is that most of the charities are aimed for those countries and they show the same faces as if the only children who need help come from South of the Sahara in Africa. That also means that many in America are neglected unless their ancestors also came from the same place south of the Sahara. Is there an aspect of racism in this? I think so.
@suspenseful (40193)
• Canada
5 Nov 10
I was watching Fox and I got the horrible feeling that Obama wants America to decrease into a Third Rate Nation and lower the standard of living. I think that he is trying to ruin the country by putting one or rather several groups against each other. Look what he did when he told all the African-Americans to get out and vote (for Democrats, i.e for him,) then it is the Latinos, Pretty soon there will be the poor people, the lower class, the unions, etc. And thanks for the best response.
@laglen (19759)
• United States
22 Oct 10
Oh ouch, I was about to mention a lot of this facts into a discussion about Obama and his first hundred days (which we are far past now). Then I thought, what the heck is the point, they ignore these facts. Looking at your responses proves that. Liberals do NOT want to look at facts.
@djbtol (5493)
• United States
22 Oct 10
You are so right about that. As a matter of fact, I am starting to wonder if a liberal politician is even able to tell the truth. Last night I was watching a Glenn Beck video clip where he was shredding some things Pelosi recently told the United Steel Workers union meeting. It is kind of sad that these union workers are being so bathed in lies, and they are clueless. Glenn Beck tore Pelosi's words apart piece by piece, and every thing he said had legitimate documented sources. Democrats, the party of lies. Go ahead and call the Republicans the party of NO. If they were not, we would be in worse shape than we are.