Should sexy billboards be banned on roads?

@yna410 (429)
Philippines
November 19, 2010 7:56pm CST
Sexy billboards are almost found everywhere today. These huge posters are seen whether at the malls or on the streets or roads. Billboards have been a great way to advertise different products. It's not uncommon for us to see sexy or provocative billboards nowadays, those fine women only wearing sexy lingerie or less clothing. These ads usually advertise lingerie products, wines or beer, lotions, etc. With all these billboards seen on roads, who should be held responsible when a driver gets distracted by it and had an accident? No matter how careful a driver may be, there are certain occasions where some of them can't help to look at those kinds of billboards. They get distracted and distracted driving is dangerous and lethal. It also may cause traffic jams. Some drivers have admitted being distracted by sexy billboards in some news programs. So what do you think fellow mylotters, are sexy billboards considered as road hazards? Have you ever been distracted by these? Do you think sexy billboards should be banned on roads? =)
7 responses
@kooltiger (848)
• Pakistan
20 Nov 10
my friend u are talking about sexy billboards but an accident only needs a blink of our eye... just a blink and u are done.. u are right that these boards are dangerous.. but not just sexy but all kinds of billboards are dangerous.. that is why u dont see them on highways.. i mean speedy ways.. mostly we see them in cities and in every bus stop or the places where traffic is slow.. but u are right it can be real dangerous... but in todays world u need to save ur life urself..
@yna410 (429)
• Philippines
20 Nov 10
Hi. Here in our country, there are some sexy billboards seen on major roads or highways. I think they are quite dangerous for the motorists who get easily distracted. I'm alright with sexy but classy billboards as long as they are seen in the right places. =)
1 person likes this
• Pakistan
20 Nov 10
u are right friend.. that can b real dangerous..
@sjlskl (3382)
• Singapore
20 Nov 10
While it is said that sexy billboard is a distraction and a potential road accident, I don't think we should banned it. This is the fault of the drivers that instead of concentrating on the road, they are ogling at the billboard. I can understand if it is a a hot babe standing by the roadside but, a billboard???
@yna410 (429)
• Philippines
21 Nov 10
Hi sjlskl. It may only be a picture but for some people, it's enough to keep their imagination run wild or keep them distracted from what they're doing. It's not really banning sexy billboards everywhere, it's just placing them on proper locations just to avoid certain accidents. It may not be the sole contributor of road accidents but somehow it does contribute. There are reported cases of accidents caused by distraction from some sexy or daring billboards. I just think prevention is better. =)
@babyEj (1522)
• Philippines
20 Nov 10
Billboards aren't the only thing which can distract a driver while driving. If you're concern with a driver then I think you shouldn't put big deals with billboards since you said it's just a promotion. Distractions can be managed or avoid by composing yourself in different settings, especially when you're driving. learn how not to be distracted with these things on the road ( billboards, sexy passengers and entertaining events along the roads)
@yna410 (429)
• Philippines
20 Nov 10
Hi. Yes these aren't the only thing that can distract drivers, but I'm talking about sexy or provocative billboards specifically as distractions. If you don't find it as distractions to some motorists or as one of the causes of some road accidents then I guess you disagree with the thought of banning these kinds of billboards. Thanks. =)
@jennbart (1330)
• Philippines
20 Nov 10
Well sexy billboards should be avoided as it could causes accidents on the street because the driver's attention will be on the billboard and not on the road.
@yna410 (429)
• Philippines
21 Nov 10
Hi. Yes, somehow it affects some drivers. It's not totally banning sexy billboards, they should just display it on more appropriate places. =)
• Netherlands
20 Nov 10
I think it is saver for the drivers becouse it is a normal reaction that people look to it, i think if ther stand sexy bilboards next to the road the company must pay extra money for it. Than can we reduse the most billboards but i dont think the go make it illegal! In the netherlands didnt stand much of it next to the big roads.
@yna410 (429)
• Philippines
20 Nov 10
Hi. Yup, your advice could be of help to reduce sexy billboards that distracts some motorists. It's better to have safer roads to travel than roads with pretty billboards. =)
• Philippines
20 Nov 10
Better still drivers has to have their eyes on the road when driving, that is exactly the right thing to do. Passengers are more privileged to have a glimpse of these billboards to avoid accidents, banning them would somehow lose market sales of brands.
@yna410 (429)
• Philippines
21 Nov 10
Hi. Yes, it's also the responsibility of the drivers to keep their eyes on the road but somehow, at one point, they may unintentionally look up on a sexy billboard. Most drivers are men and it's their nature to look at gorgeous women. =)
• Malaysia
20 Nov 10
In my opinion,banning may be the right way.We can't avoid the fact that distractions coming from billboards causes accidents to drivers.On the other hand,the drivers also should take a great care when driving and control themselves upon watching those billboards.
@yna410 (429)
• Philippines
20 Nov 10
Yes, I also think sexy billboards should be placed in the right locations or venues and not on roads where it gets the attention of drivers who should be focused on their driving. =)