Have You Read Any Good Chicken Soup Books Lately?

Anderson, Indiana
November 27, 2010 8:55am CST
I get Chicken Soup stories sent to my e-mail address on a regular basis, and I also love to read books full of them. I've recently finished reading Chicken Soup for the Soul -- A Book Of Miracles and have begun reading Chicken Soup for the Grieving Soul (which is especially appropriate, as my aunt passed away on August 13). Let's talk about Chicken Soup books and stories. Let me know if you've ever had one or more of your stories published in one or more of the books. Also, if you have any favorite books (and why). Give me your overall impression of this growing book series and how reading one or more books from it has helped/inspired you in some way.
1 person likes this
3 responses
@ebuscat (5935)
• Philippines
28 Nov 10
For me not because I don't like chicken it is cause me allergy of my skin so better to smell it than to eat it.
1 person likes this
• Anderson, Indiana
28 Nov 10
P.S. I've just tested the links, and, even though they aren't showing in their entirety when displayed in this thread, they still work.
@Porcospino (31366)
• Denmark
29 Nov 10
I have four Chicken soup for the soul books, and I like them a lot. I have read 3 of them and at the moment I am reading "Chicken soup for the unsinkable soul". The first one I found in the American bookshop in Paris. I had never heard about the books before, but I thought that it looked interesting and I decided to buy it. I really liked it, so I tried to find other Chicken soul for the soul books in the bookshops in my countries, but there weren't any, so I had to buy them online instead.
1 person likes this
• Anderson, Indiana
29 Nov 10
I was either in high school or in college when I discovered Chicken Soup books. Since I graduated from high school in 1971 and college in 1976, that's been a pretty long time. I think that this is true. Might have been when I went back to college in 1980. All I know is that I've been reading them forever. I'm not always able to afford to buy books and will just drool over their description with plans to return and buy later. Of course, I also get them for presents. Not sure just how many I've enjoyed over the years, but it has been several. Please considering going to your favorite online stores such as Amazon by going through this portal at least part of the time. By doing so, you'll be helping Invisible Youth Network, which is an outreach program aimed at meeting the needs of homeless and/or otherwise at-risk youth. GoodShop: http://www.goodshop.com/?charityid=invisible-youth-network One more note, the pull-down menu doesn't automatically enter the store. You have to type its name in the search window yourself.
1 person likes this
@ravinskye (8237)
• United States
27 Nov 10
I think I've only read two of the chicken soup books. I did really enjoy them. I can't remember the name of the one. The other one was for pregnancy. I can't remember the exact title but it was all stories about being pregnant. I really liked reading that when I was pregnant. I did know you could have chicken soup stories delivered to your email, but it makes sense. I don't know if I could take the one for the Grieving soul. I think that i would be teary the whole time reading it.
1 person likes this
• Anderson, Indiana
27 Nov 10
I think that many of the Chicken Soup books/stories might have you reaching for tissue (not always in a sad way, either) because they touch the very core of your heart!