Gasat Express a KILLER BUS

Gasat Express Bus  - A Bus liner that killed 7 people and responsible for a hit and run
Philippines
January 5, 2011 8:37am CST
hello Mylotters, It is really sad that just a days ago a Gasat Express (one of the bus liner) was responsible in killing of seven (7) people in Star Tollway that includes a young ones the bus was not licensed to have a provincial trip when the accident happened. The Land Transportation Franchising Office Regulatory Board (LTFRB)takes action on this by suspending the Gasat Express but i was surprised when i watched the news that Gasat Express responsible again in a Hit and Run this morning this is too much how come they don't learn from their mistakes. I don't want to put the blame to anyone but why they become so reckless and irresponsible towards this matters. Do you think government should be alarm on this issue? I hope it will not happen again, Prayers for the soul of the victims.
1 person likes this
2 responses
@visavis (5934)
• Philippines
5 Jan 11
hello my friend, actually it is not the Gasat Express, it is human error the driver without discipline and care for their action and work. They are not concern about the lives of their passengers, they look only for the sake of earning money. So i think it is better and good idea for those drivers to have full seminar about driving in order to avoid or lessen road accident.... see you around
• Philippines
5 Jan 11
Hi visavis, I will agree with you but the company should give actions regarding this and be more strict to their drivers so accident will prevent. The bus driver become reckless becoz they need to fill they quota in time so i think this quota shall remove so the bus driver will not be in hurry when driving . Your response is highly appreciated .
• Philippines
6 Jan 11
I beg to differ Visavis, The bus company is also at fault with the accident. As the employer of those bus drivers, it is their responsibility to train their bus drivers. It is also the responsibility of the bus company to issue a policy that will assure the safety of the riding public. It is also the company's responsibility to punish erring drivers. However, most of bus companies here in the Philippines ignore the fact that their drivers place profit over safety. They ignore this because it is the company that benefits for the profit earned by their drivers. The driver and the company is both at fault here.
• Philippines
6 Jan 11
Hello IshmaelAhab, The Land Transportation Office should also be more strict for giving drivers license also the bus company so accidents like this will be prevented. The drivers should undergo a real seminar and briefing before they can get their driving license. thanks for the response have a nice day!
• Philippines
5 Jan 11
Hello My friend Catch, It's the driver but i think the company has faults too like all other bus companies for not giving proper compensation or salary to these drivers and ticketers.. as for the drivers, even if they can't do it anymore, they still persist on going on the ride just to earn more in the commission. with that, troubles arise with not looking much on the road ends up killing people on the road.. I think there has been a lot of Bus troubles since last year due to negligence or being sleepy of the race BUS driver
• Philippines
6 Jan 11
hello LK, I am your friend Well they both should be more responsible regarding this matter so accident will not happened again, money cannot pay the life that has been lost . The government should be more strict. thanks for the response have a nice day!