What really causes cancer?

@rhinoboy (2129)
December 12, 2006 6:34am CST
There are proven causes, like smoking, radiation, excessive sunlight etc. but what do you think causes the dazzling array of cancers that cause death to so many people? please provide an explaination to your theory.
3 responses
• Singapore
15 Dec 06
many things all of the things you have mentioned.smoking, radiation, excessive sunlight etc.Smoking causes lung cancer.Sunlight causes skin cancer due to excessive UV rays.
• United States
12 Dec 06
I really don't know anymore. some say its hereditary. If that's the case I'm in trouble. I know the scientist say you can get cancer from just about anything including ketchup. I figure I'm not going to worry about it and just live my life. If I get cancer then I will deal with it.
@matt608 (843)
12 Dec 06
You are right, cancer is caused by a variet of things. Sunlight is one of them, along with background radiation from the earth. There are also a number of substances taht supposedly do, like in diet coke, although they must have changed that by now as the rumour has been around for years. Also you are right in saying smoking. It increases dramatically chances of lung cancer.