American Idol & Police Records

United States
February 10, 2007 10:37am CST
Two of the hopefuls I was pulling for are out, because they have police records. The guy in San Antonio who begged to be allowed to sing another song (Simon said he was too boring), he was arrested in 2003 for posession of pot. Then, there's the girl with freaky facial expressions (the one Simon said they made a mistake with), she was arrested last August for putting sugar in her boyfriend's tailpipe. And just like that, they're gone, past mistakes have taken them out of the game. Why does this keep happening over and over again? Most contestants said that American Idol knew about their records, what do you think?
4 responses
@jsae29 (1120)
• Philippines
11 Feb 07
Too bad for them. That is what life is all about. You make a mistake and it'll be there forever. Let's us look at the brighter side, those who are watching the show, specially the younger ones will have second thoughts in making a mistake or committing a crime.
• United States
11 Feb 07
Huh I hadn't heard that. I don't see why they would hold the past mistakes against them either. It doesn't make sense especially since both of their crimes sound minor. I understand that they have to be role models, but nobody's perfect. Wouldn't it better for America to look up to someone who's messed up and risen above it? To show people that your life isn't over when you've been arrested for something so minor?
@howard96h (11640)
• New York, New York
11 Feb 07
American Idol asks if you've ever been arrested. Many people have lied and not told them and then they get disqualified. If American Idol producers knew about the arrests, then why did the contestants audition? They are looking for an Idol, many young people look up to the winners, the producers have always said they don't want an Idol who had been arrested for a crime. What kind of message is that sending?
• United States
10 Feb 07
first of all maybe they lied an said they havent been arrested.an second why should a misterniner arrest be held against them.