Any unique fund-raising ideas?

United States
February 23, 2007 10:52am CST
I'm Fund Raising Chair for a non-profit organization and we REALLY need a fund-raiser that will bring in substantial money. However, everyone is trying to raise money so we need something unique to get people's attention. We don't have many people to do the work, which also limits us. Any ideas?
1 person likes this
3 responses
@terri0824 (4991)
• United States
13 May 07
I noticed you posted this about 3 months ago. But I do have a suggestion for fund raising, that is on-going. With more and more people shopping on-line. This one would work for anyone wanting to raise funds. I joined about a month ago. I was in the process of building my own on line shopping mall when I came across this mall with 1000+ stores already on it. I like it for several different reasons. One of them being, is they have One Child at A Time posted on there that they will help with something they need. The girl on there right now, needs a wheel chair. So 6.5% of the corporate profits goes to children that need help. And another thing I like about it is their motto on the web site says. Together we can change the world. Check it out here to learn more about it: And best wishes in raising the money you need. http://www.mypowermall.com/Biz/Home/2585
2 people like this
@terri0824 (4991)
• United States
13 May 07
Oops! I forgot the most important part....It is free to join.
1 person likes this
• United States
13 May 07
Thanks. I'll check it out.
@sanell (2112)
• United States
28 Mar 07
I have a few ideas for you. I work with a company that has a great way to raise funds, and the products are all organic. If you want to learn about that let me know and I can introduce you to it. The other option is to do the bake sale, I have friends who I can talk with about donating some great bake sale items, Gourmet Fortune cookies (Personalized) as well as fabulous Gourmet Cheesecakes, My moms group would do this type of fundraising every year however we are coming to a year where the church is not going to do their annual bazaar which is where we were normally doing it at.. Anyway, Also with the first one, you do not need a lot of people to help get the word out, If you decide that may be of interest to you I can help....it is up to you. sandraellison72@gmail.com
• United States
23 Feb 07
you could do a bake sale. Maybe clean cars. Go around a neighborhood and clean up peoples yards for some money... I'm sorry.. Thats all I can think of right now..
1 person likes this
• United States
23 Feb 07
A bake sale sounds like fun. Haven't done that in a very long time. We could include Native fry bread, since we are an American Indian organization, as well as other desserts. We'd need to find a good location to sell from. Suggestions?
1 person likes this