Is it okay to pair gold stilettos with very short denim shorts?

Philippines
April 7, 2007 2:06pm CST
The pairing looks hot in movies. I tried it once, and I ended up getting two indecent proposals. One guy even asked me, "How much?" So my question is, is it okay to pair gold stilettos with very short denim shorts? And, how do you avoid looking like you're on the prowl for a rich sugar daddy when you're wearing short shorts?
2 responses
• United States
13 Apr 07
Dressing sexy without crossing the line into trashy requires balance. A really sexy element can add spice to an otherwise tasteful outfit while maintaining some class. Those gold stilettos would look fabulous with a long, slender sheath dress. Perhaps the top of the dress has pretty crisscrosses at the back, and maybe highlights a -tasteful- amount of cleavage. Great evening wear. The short shorts (we called 'em Daisy Dukes when I was a teen) go better with pretty sandals, not high heels. If you feel the need to add height, try a wedge sandal. Then you're highlighting your legs without looking like you're wearing a big 'for rent' sign. ;) It's all about wearing it with class.
@Lindalinda (4111)
• Canada
7 Apr 07
Gold stilettos and short shorts? You should not be surprised that you got indecent proposals. Those itmes, short shorts and high heels are frequently worn by hookers. Don't get me wrong I firmly believe that women should have a choice in the type of clothing they are wearing. At the same time you do send out a message in very short shorts. What is the message that you want to convey? Do you want to show off your beautiful body? Do you want to attract men? To make a long response shorter, if you don't want to be harassed by guys wear your short shorts at home, at private parties where every one knows you, where you are safe. The stilettos? wear them with a sexy black dress that is not too short. They will look great.