little lotta

@JUNGLE (1157)
South Africa
April 15, 2007 2:41pm CST
My most favourite comic book character is a girl called Little Lotta.As a kid she was my dream girl I used to refer to her as my girlfriend, ....er..you might just understand why this was so as I furthur continue.As time went by I grew up, and yes you guessed it I had a real life girlfriend, did I then stop loving and reading about my favourite girl? no,no,no,no,no. I continued to buy and read Little Lotta comics along with the other titles from Harvey.Life was good,and comics were good, ofcourse they still are.I simply thought we would always have what we had then.And then it happened ......Harvey went out of business and there were no new Harvey comics to be had.So what do we do now? read all the old comics in our possession over and over again?why not? But it would be nice to be able to get more. I,like many other comic book readers would be only too happy to buy and reread all of our old favourite comics.Lucky for us there are lots of places on the internet where we can buy loads of old and out of print comics. To anyone who is interested may I suggest going to Milehigh comics.It is a comic lovers paradise.Let us now take a look at the main subject of this discussion.Little Lotta. Lotta made her comics debut in 1953.Her very first appearance was on the back page of a Little Dot comic book.Humble beginings for a character who went on to become the most successful female character in the Harvey line up and also having her own book.Lotta is the daughter of Mr.and Mrs.Plump,of Bonnydell,they are a quiet,ordinary couple who would not even be noticed in public were it not for their extraordinary daughter.Little Lotta is in fact not so little,rather,she is your regular....well...plump little girl as her surname suggests.Yes she is pretty,well I think so.She has bobbed blonde hair,a pert little nose and a round baby face.Her trademark outfit consists of a green sweater,a real short white pleated skirt,white socks,black shoes and a red bow in her hair.Cute huh? Dont be fooled by all of this my friends,mess around with Lotta and I promise,you will find yourself in a lot-ta trouble.You see friends Little Lotta is Super Strong.This baby gal can lift and carry buses,trucks,cars,elephants and you and I with the greatest of ease.She can bend steel bars as though they were chocolate bars,and also make it look like the gym equipment you are sweating and straining with is made of cardboard. Lotta also has a big appetite,she can eat a few dozen hamburgers at one sitting,a big tray of hot dogs is not enough.When Lotta comes away from her Mother's fridge,she is carrying an armload of good things to eat.These would include a big cream cake,a string of sausages,a round of cheese,a whole loaf of baloney and several bottles of soda pop.Like I said earlier on Lotta was my imaginary girlfriend,what a gal!I wonder how it would have been if I was in comics and eventually married Lotta,I am sure this marriage would have cost me a fortune,but I would have had the best protection a guy would need.Thankyou for reading this.Until the next time.......await the next rrrrrumble from the JUNGLE
No responses