Is Crying a sign of weakness?

My cousin has such a soft heart that he gets hurt quite fast and even cries no matter who is around. We often tell him that if he cannot control his tears he can sit and watch the movie sitting at home when we all go and watch it in the theatre. Is crying a sign of weakness especially for a man?
• Pakistan
no but it has become a sign of weakness in our culture and is thought very shameful for men to cry. crying relieves you and i don t see why men cant cry to relieve themselves. it s human nature to shed tears. Our Prophet Muhammad SAWS cried on many occasions but crying should not be very loud. tears are in occurrence to what the heart feels . it shows that you have a very feeling heart
You are very right about the fact that it is considered shameful for a man to cry.
@howhigh (757)
I think the reason that this sort of shame exists is because crying is not a solution and men are supposed to fix things. Crying is not an action plan but whoever claimed it was is the idiot deserving of shame not the person who crys. To only cry is weak, to cry and then act can be noble.
You may be right there. But i am not ashamed to admit that i have been embaressed many a times when i see a male cry.
@howhigh (757)
I believe there is strength in crying especially for a man. Namely because of the percieved shame tied up into such an act. The weakness in anyone who crys is decided, for me, when they cannot justify it. So if your saying that men can never justify crying then maybe it is a sign of weakness. I would disagree people cry not because they are female or male but because an emotional threshold gets hit where crying is the only way to process whats going on. If his crying brings shame on you or your friends then i would say the weak ones are you and your friends. If you claim to be his friend then you should be able to publiclly defend him it is not fair to say i'm friends with you at home but not outside, so if your really friends or strong enough to prove that you were his friend you would accept him for what he is befcause we are what we are.
You are right. But i am not ashamed to admit many a times his crying in public has embaressed me.
@s_accent (208)
no not weakness its you way of expressing our feeling
Well, i think you are right about that.
@Sharon38 (1913)
• Jamaica
No Ann. At least to me it shows sensitivity and that he has feelings and is in touch with them. It is not a sign of being feminine. it is certainly not being weak because I cry at times too but then I am a woman. Society dictates that a man should not cry but let's face it. If these men when they were hurt or felt sensitive or insecure would cry, I believe that we would have less crime and less anger. Nothing is wrong with guy. He is jsut not a macho and I believe you guys shoudl accept him as he is and continue to love him. Sounds like you guys are having fun over there though. Take the poor guy to the movie. He is just being himself.
@eseomame (1146)
I don't in any way think it is. As a matter of fact, I cry to let out bad emotion and I feel a lot better after crying. Crying is not at all a sign of weakness, but a way of letting out unwanted emotion, at least from my own point of view.
Dear Friend, Crying is not sign of Weakness. In fact it is outcome of thoughts. More specifically speaking it is expressing hidden things..As Eyes can never be false though tears can be false.. Cry in one of the natural process when haapy or sad moment is there. So crying can be Signal which need to be understand by other, I feel. After cry one can get fresh..and can become more strong to face situations as Waves are Rising and falling but again Get ready To rise after Falling..So crying can be the stage before Rising..ok any way Have a Rising life to you..All the Best..
not at all,its an emotion,its the way we vommit our grief out..and its totally wrong saying that boys dont cry,boys r humans n they have emotions so why is crying is regarded as a bad sign??
@CEN7777 (858)
Hi friends, I donot think crying is weakness. In my view u can cry when u are help less and things are not avoided, thats why it u r helplessness . U can cotrol u r emotions temporarily, but it is better to alow them to come in form of tears to avoid shocks or side effects. Yes it is weak ness if man cry publicly, I prefer to cry when iam alone so that no one can notice.