Does anyone know much about blood clots??

@AnnaB87 (761)
I am wondering how long does it take to diagnose these and how easy is it to get rid of these??? My husband is gone now to the hospital and I am wondering if he will be okay or not. This has been a stressful year. To put it mildly.
They are usually pretty easy to diagnose, depending on the location. Is it in his calf area? If it is they will do a ultrasound or doppler test to see the clot. They will put him on strict bedrest as they will not want the clot to dislodge and travel to more vital organs. Then they will initiate blood thinner treatment. Usually heparin combined with coumadin. They will monitor his blood work every 6 hrs or so at first, and then daily once it is at a therapeutic level. He may be discharged to home with a coumadin prescription and or lovenox if someone can give him the injection. He may be in the hospital 5-7 days depending on how well he responds to treatment. I hope all goes well.