Thanks friends & other members here

@webeishere (36353)
I wish to say thank you to all my friends that have prayed and sent out all the heartwarming words about myself and my father this past week. he passed through surgery and now we are awaiting his physical threapy tests to see what all needs to be done as far as aftercare for him and myself. He won't be getting out today and I have no idea when he will either. So it's a wait and see situation. I talked with social services at the hospital about care centers and or nursing homes for the aftercare. Now I have to read through it and maybe make a couple calls and visit a couple for my own personal feelings. Anyhow thanks all for the show of care, love, concern, and friendship. And mostly thanks for the prayers for my whole family during this past week. I won't be on much until after he is home I feel. I have only been responding to a couple discussions and feel a tad guilty. But I know most of you understand this. Thanks again. This show of friendship here has really floored it. I was amazed at the show of support etc. Now I guess I am off to go visit dad once again today and see what the PT results are. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@TerryZ (22083)
Your welcome thats what friends are for. Right? To listen when someone is down and out. Im so glad your dad is on the road to recovery. Im still praying for him. Okay well get up there and see your dad. Let us know what the scoop is on the poope! hehehehheheh
@webeishere (36353)
hE WAS DOING GOOD LAST NIGHT. tHE WIFE & i WENT AFTER BREAKFAST THIS MORNING AND HE WAS SOUND ASLEEP SO WE DIDN'T WANT TO WAKE HIM. wE CAME HOME INSTEAD. bUT HE'S BEEN READING AND DOING PUZZLES SO HE'S DOING A LOT BETTER,
@Fishmomma (11374)
I'm glad to hear surgery went well. Its always hard to sit and wait for news. Have a great time visiting your dad. My continued prayers for his full recovery.
@webeishere (36353)
Thanks. I am still awaiting his transfer to an inpatient center for rehab or whatever. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@mamasan34 (6521)
Grandpa Bob, don't feel guilty! You have to take care of your family first! It is a very good idea to do some personal checking of these care facilities. Not all are what they seem. I have seen some real doozies and I wonder how people sleep at night leaving their family members in a place like that. But there are very good ones with very caring staff through social services. It is a great relief to know that your dad is making progress. Thanks for letting us know!
@webeishere (36353)
Thank you very much. I checked 2 out last night. Still feels guilty in a sense. Thanks bunches. HAOPPT POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@jennybianca (12913)
If the aftercare is intense, he may need to be in a nursing home for a little while. I am so pleased that your Dad has improved so much. You should give yourself a rest now. No need to respond to discussions, everryone understands.
@webeishere (36353)
tHE AFTERCARE IS TO GET HIM BACK TO WALKING ETC. aND TO DRESS HIMSELF ETC. HE HASNT WALKED SINCE LAST sUNDAY MORNING. uGGG! hIS MUSCLES HAVE GOT TOP BE VERY WEAK. So thats why the inpatient aftercare at a home etc. happy postings from grandpa bob !!~
@CatsandDogs (13964)
Hey Grandpa Bob, no need to thank us. We're all glad to contribute in some small way. Glad to know your dad is doing better. BTW, so is mine but we all know too that it is a matter of time for he's not well at all but is doing okay at the moment. Good luck with you and yours! Blessings from above!
@webeishere (36353)
And I am grateful for this as well. Good to hear about yours also. We have to take things as they come and that's it. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@aidonia (4210)
• Greece
Don't worry at all about the number of responses that you give.I'm sure the most of your friends here including me too we don't care about these,just we want see your father healthy again back to your home.That's friend for...support each others even from far. Waiting the news of your father after your visit him....
@webeishere (36353)
No news yet today. he was asleep when we got there so we let him sleep and came home. Going back there soon again though I think. HAPPY POSTINGS FROPM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@Polly1 (12647)
Thanks for keeping us all posted with what is happening. The caring that is shown here for each other is what keeps me coming back to mylot. We truly do care what happens to each other. We listen and offer advice when needed and asked for. There are truly so many wonderful people here. Take care.
@webeishere (36353)
tHAT'S ALL TRUE TO. i'VE EXPERIENCED BOTH ENDS OF THIS AS WELL. tHANKS AGAIN. happy postings from grandpa bob !!~
@gabs8513 (48710)
Grandpa Bob I am so happy to read this and do not worry about not being on a lot we will all be here waiting for you I just hope that you will be able to sort it all out My thoughts are still with you your Dad and your Family Love and Hugs to you all
@webeishere (36353)
Thank you vrerty much. I hate situations like this. But it's got to be done and I am the "chosen son". HAHAHAHA!! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@pyewacket (44032)
My Card For Your Dad - get well card
Hey there GRANDPA BOB. My prayers are still for your Dad--I just sent my own little "card" that I made up for him via your email...I sure hope you can print it up for him...I have it here to so you can see
@clocks123 (1227)
I will continue to pray for grandpa Bob i'm glad he got through his surgery i will pray for you and your family as well my love and best to Grandpa Bob!
@lingli_78 (12836)
you don't have to say thank you at all grandpa bob... we are here for you... glad to hear that your father is doing fine and the surgery went on well for him... i keep on praying for him and hope that he will recover fully soon... take care and God Bless...
He may be eligible for home services so that his care can be given at home rather than to go to an outside source for therapy. Don't feel guilty for attending to your life Bob. Big huggers to you and your family.
Yes my friend, Grandpa Bob. Our noble friendship is deeply in our bloooooooooooooooood!!!!! Don't worry, nobody can ruins our friendship!!!. :::michael:::
@fab315 (1242)
Hello! I know you've been very busy and tired this passed few days grandpa bob and the whole myLot community knows that too, so don't you feel guilty if you can't response to many discussions. Taking care and looking after your dad is more important than responding here. Am pretty sure that everybody understands it. Just take your time grandpa bob, have a rest and do your priorities. You don't have to worry as we are all going to be here waiting for your fun discussions and photos. Have a happy and stressful weekend. Mwahugs to your dad. God bless you and your family! *smile* ciao! c",)
@webeishere (36353)
tHANKS SO MUCH. sTILL FEELS BAD NOT BEING HERE AND RESPONDIONG. bUT i TRY MY BEST WHEN POSSIBLE. wON'T BE AS EASY GETTING BACK TO NORMAL HERE EITHER i BET. bUT THANKS BUNCHES for the prayers and blessings still.
@fab315 (1242)
Thanks for the BR grandpa bob...hope all is well in your family especially your dad.. Take care. *smile* ciao! c",)
@sjohnson628 (3197)
If your dad does have to go to a nursing home I would suggest trying to find one that is very close to your home if you can. That is what we did when my grampa had to go into one. The whole situation was much easier just knowing that he was close by and we could stop in several times a day to be with him. It is a tough decision to make but sometimes you just have no choice in the matter when our loved one needs around the clock care and we are just not able to handle it on our own.
@webeishere (36353)
Yes a very rough choice. There's one right down the road on the way to getting my wife from work also. About 4 miles from me only. Decent place too. Recomemneded through social services at the hospital also. So that's my first choice. It'll all be covered for 20 days 100 percent throigh his medicaid. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@aliasad (1567)
• Pakistan
Hi G'pa! Well, sorry for being so rare here due to some personal commitments & engagements. Just learnt about your dad's health conditions. In our past discussions I had better idea about your dad's heart disease. Sorry to see that your family suffered. I wish your dad very best of the coming days and recover sooner. My father also faced a mild heart attack last month and since mother passed away to heavens last year, all of our family was up-set and worried about father. Now he is okay. Thanks for tolerating my boaring response :) C Ya!
@webeishere (36353)
Sorry about your families loss last year and also about dads health. Hope things are going well for you all now. Take care and see you again here some day. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@anuj291 (575)
well i have been here only for 3 days,,and i have got a gr8 response,,from all th members,,i thank all of my frnds and everyone HAPPY POSTIN TO ALL KEEP POSTIN/RATIN/RESPONDIN
@webeishere (36353)
Another one that reads the title and nothing else. My dad is fine by the way. Ugg!! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@Debs_place (10524)
My father was in a nursing home briefly afterhe had his back surgery, he called it Afghanistan. Said th epeople were mean and the food was terrible. But they did what needed to be done for him to get better. BTW My father's favorite past time is complaining, so I would take what he said with a grain of salt. So glad Dad is doing good.
@Valce1 (173)
Hooray! Best of luck
@someonesmom (5765)
Hi Grandpa Bob, You are so very welcome, and so deserving of this support too, as it's wonderful to see how much love, and care you have for your family. Your dad is in very good hands, and is so blessed to have you caring for him. I hope that you can get everything worked out regarding his aftercare, and that he continues to come along, and gets stronger each day. My continued prayers will be with you. Please remember to take care of yourself too.
@webeishere (36353)
Still haven't talked to social services or a Dr yet today so no idea as to when they will send him to aftercare. But will be keeping all here informed when it does occur. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
I hope that you can get these arrangements made soon. I've found it can be hard to get ahold of 'any' medical professionals on a weekend. Good to hear from you, and thanks.