myLot Stars and what thy mean...just a thought...

This is not to to say that I like this reputation system or that the users with the top 10 blue star do not deserve them. Many of my friends are "blues" while others are varied colors and percentages. The reason I am posting this thought is that I have noticed that those discussions and response from the myLotters with mediocre numbers 6,7 and 8 are (IMO) more thought provoking and interesting. Obviously they are folks who say what they think and dont give a hoot if they make some enemies along the way. So I just want to thank all those who have slipped from the "elite" status..keep up the good work and keep posting even although your responses may ruffle a few feathers.
@uu4h708 (638)
huwaw!! glad to be part of the "mediocre" group who give thought provoking and interesting opinion.. "oh wait.,., am i an 8?" oh yah i think so.. that's what i noticed too, that those who got 9 or 10 are those who either doesnt say anything offending or are just too great or lucky.. i dont know.. but i think the stars are no longer important... its the actual relationship you make with the other mylotters... n_n
I have never considered the stars to be important I always go with me own judgement of other myLotters. Thanks for your response.
@Eskimo (2317)
This kind of rating system is really meaningless (says he with a 10), keep your head down, answer with two or more lines, and make sure you say nothing controversal, and only respond to your own friends, and you'll probably creep up to the 10 mark eventually (and be exceedingly boring - just like me). Be open, don't suffer fools and tell things how they really are, respond to everyone, even if you disagree about what they are writing about, and you'll soon see that a 1 is what you are really hoping for. I don't think it matters what your rating is as your reply is thought provoking and relevant to the discussion.
Thank you. I agree that if your reply is thought provoking and relevant to the discussion that is most important..
@mizrae (587)
Here! Here! I usually say what I think, I don't set out to make enemies, but I'd rather be told right out stuff. It's sad that many expect to be agreed with just on principle.
Thank you. Very true.
Yes, friend, I think you may be right,the people who lose status have gotten on someone's bad side. I am not in the mediocre range, I am probably too bland, I did get knocked down to nine, and I have not been able to move back up since then. I am not as active as I used to be, and I think that inhibits movement on my part.
@Lakota12 (42681)
Thats what we are here for is dicussions and tho some may not agree with every thing every one says thats to bad that makes for good confesations I think . what would it be like if wwe all thought alike we would get bored soon I think donrt you?
While I am a blue...it doesn't mean anything to me btw...I have varied "colored star friends" that I reply to. I have to agree with your thoughts that those that tend be in the mid range of the stars aren't afraid to stick their necks out and really give open and honest opinions. I think it's wrong for others to rate them negatively for that, which lowers their "star". I always give my honest opinion, I guess I just haven't offended anyone enough yet for the # to go down much.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
I agree. Some people do have the ten blue star but don't deserve it however they get it because of their friends covering for them. I had a ten blue star yesterday but someone disagreed with me and knocked me down to a nine red star. I couldn't care less because I state how I feel and if the person doesn't like it, then it's too damned bad because I won't say something that isn't me to make someone else happy. I will say what I feel in a respectful manner unless provoked, and get my point across however I expect to be respected back and to be given their true opinion as well. The way I see it, we all learn something from being different.
@Bunsdk (242)
• Denmark
Hehe, Ill never ever get a blue star then. I dont give a hoot if what I say isnt what ppl like. I try not to hurt or attack anyone, but sometims it slips a bit. Mainly I just say what I think as thats the purpose of forum, exchange of ideas and thoughts, and especially in threads where they request your thoughts and such. But Im more than sure I wont get a blue star, and honestly.. it doesnt even matter much. My first time paying attention to the stars is right now. And probably my last.