I Am Demotivated At Work Today....

I was supposed to be a guest speaker but.... - I have been invited as guest speaker here and there, but this experience really stands out...the organizers gave me an invitation-program, ommiting my name and my talk on the program...it's difficult to go on with this kind of blunder...I hate to admit, but my pride has really been hurt...the nerve this people...they have invited me for over a month now, really pursuing me, following up, and all, then pffftt....they forgot this little detail...my name on the program. Great!
@psyche49f (2511)
I am just sharing this, lest I'd walk around with a heavy heart. I was invited to be the guest speaker at another university; my talk would center on success and personality (or something like that), with an audience of around 200 college students at a nearby hotel. I have prepared well for this talk, and even have a power point presentation to make my sharing interactive and stimulating. This morning, two ladies from that university brought me the formal printed program as the event will take place this Saturday. To my surprise (and dismay later on), my talk, nor my name never appeared in the entire program, and I was supposed to be the guest speaker! It was like I was stubbed from behind..I was really dismayed while the lady explained that it was an honest mistake...but damage has been done, and I was already demotivated to proceed as guest speaker. The adrenalin rush suddenly died down, and I felt weak to even think about Saturday. To make the story short, I e-mailed the organizers, explaining that I could not push through with this event, due to some personal commitments involving my husband's health. But the truth is, I did not have the 'push' to even prepare myself for that big day, thanks to the 'honest mistake' of the organizers...now I'm free (I did not yet check their reply), but I already told the two ladies who came back this afternoon that I am politely backing out. Little things mean a lot to me, and I can't just appear there this Saturday as guest speaker, and pretend that nothing happened. I cannot, really...so my dear friends, I hope you all understand why I did it...I know it was 'unprofessional' of me to have backed out in the last minute (3 days before the event) but I simply can't stand being ignored -- it was really a 'blunder' so great I could not stand it....I am really sorry.
@dilmeet (56)
same happened with me in last company where mine salary very less than my collages now i feel happy as i workand get similar salary
@psyche49f (2511)
Great...I remember a saying that "tough times never last, but tough people do"...
@milkfish (375)
I agree with you that it was really a great blunder. i cannot imagine that the university forgot about the name of the speaker in their program, of all people. While it was an "insult" to the ego, personally, I think you should go. I think its the most "professional" thing to do inspite of what happened. It must have been an honest mistake in their part, though its seems a lame excuse. But they will also be able to connect the dots that the reason why you did not go is because your name is not in the program, regardless of the other reasons you told them as an excuse. Show them that you are a true professional regardless of what happened. They will respect you more for it and will never forget your name the next time they invite, that is if you are still willing to accept their invitation.
@psyche49f (2511)
Thanks milkfish...I also thought about that...really, it's a dilemma...
@dilmeet (56)
same happened to me in last organisation when slary was different from other collages now its fine as for similar work i get similar salary