arthritis in hips

@bgerig (1259)
Does any one know if severe arthritis in one's hips can be healed by a hip replacement?
Hi, friend, you did not say what type of arthritis you are seeking to heal. If you totally replace a damaged joint, I guess it is healed, as it no longer has the damage, and since it is synthetic it is no longer subject to deterioration or inflammation. I would consult your physician on this one, and the Arthritis Foundation. I do not have first hand experience with this, other than with nursing home residents, and I am not a medical professional like a doctor or physical therapist. I hope that you get some relief if it is you suffering from arthritis in your hips. I have some in my knees and in one of my toes! I can imagine the pain of having it in the hips.
@bgerig (1259)
good suggestion re: checking with the Arthritis Foundation.
@jan135 (537)
Yes, my father had a hip replacement and after the pain of the operation had subsided, he was fine and walking without a walking aide. Hope this answer's your question.
@bgerig (1259)
it does and gives us hope. thank you.
• Janesville, Wisconsin
One of my friends and her mother had hip replacements surgery for severe arthritis, she claimed it really helped both her and her mom out after they healed.. I do not know much else about it thought, that is one the person with the arthrits may want to see the doctor for, they also have special shots, and meds that can help people without the surgery.. They can in some cases take bone graphs and grow new bone to replace the bothered section, or add a new ball joint.. - DNatureofDTrain
@bgerig (1259)
thanks for responding. your information is interestig.
@mouse27 (1155)
i don't think they will even do a hip replacement for arthritus you would have to tak to your doctor about that
@slickcut (8141)
Yes a hip replacement will do the trick...I just had a total knee replacement and i am so happy i did,its like heaven to be able to walk without pain for once in my life...I went to one of the top doctors in Houston tex medical Center.he told me that hip replacement was much easier than knee replacement and shoulder replacement was the most painful.I can tell you that this knee replacement has been great,not much pain at all,and hip replacement is even easier..Just make sure that it is what you need and find a Good doctor...
@Kowgirl (3490)
I have arthritis in both hips and it is hard to walk, more so one some days than others. My doctor recommends water. I thought that sounded funny too until I started drinking lots of water. I has helped a lot. I also do water exercise at the gym in the inside heated pool. Not only are these treatments good for arthritis it also helps reduce your blood sugar level. I don't know if a hip replacement would be a cure, there could be some bad side effects from having a foreign object in your body. Guess it works for some and not for all. Only the person who is suffering from arthritis can make that decision. Find out all the pro's and con's before you decide.
@jillmalitz (5132)
I think that is one of the reasons people get hip replacements. I know, for example, the golfer Jack Nicklaus got one because he had so much pain due to arthritis.
@carolbee (16233)
Hip replacement can relieve most of the pain but it's not a permanent cure. Replacements sometimes stiffen which make it difficult to move around at times. There are medications that can reduce arthritis pain. I have arthritis in one hip and the specialists have not mentioned a replacement.
@goodsign (2287)
Actually hip replacement surgery is the only way to heal severe arthritis in one's hip. For how well it is going to be and the risks after surgery, you can have the correct answer contained fruitfully in this particular web site page that really focus the whole story of hip replacement surgery and the consequences; http://arthritis.webmd.com/hip-replacement-surgery