The Holiday Bell Ringers Are Out.

Bell ringer - a salvation army bell ringer.
@irishmist (3819)
Tis the season to be charatible and donate to those people that are less fortunate. I see that our local Salvation Army Bell Ringers are out and about at all the stores, and malls. I try to give as much spare change that I can, as I can't afford alot myself, and I give to each pot that I pass, and it adds up, but I feel bad if I don't. What can you say "well I gave at the last store I went to. I also donate to food carts at the market. I buy something I know a person can really use. So how does everyone else donate to the less fortunate? I would love to see everyone have a good holiday!
@xParanoiax (6997)
I am a bell ringer this year lol. But I still donate any money I can spare...though being from one of those "less fortunate" families (thus the entire reason why I'm ringing bells, I needed the job to be able to pay for my family's christmas this year), that's obviously not alot :( I'd give dollars if I could. But I can never spare that much. But being a bell ringer, I earn them money anyway...so I guess it kinda evens out. I filled up almost an entire bucket yesterday ^_^
@irishmist (3819)
I commend you for being a bell ringer. It is a good thing to do for the holidays. And it is freezing outside! And I hear ya, every bit of extra money helps for Christmas shopping. I'm putting in a little overtime at my job as well. It's really hard this year. Everything has went up. I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!! :)
Yes, very cold..but it's manageable if one dresses warm and times their breaks alright. =) But yeah, I hear you there. The prices have certainly made it hard for alot of folks for christmas this year. I hope you and yours have a lovely holidays as well, dearie.
@squaretile (3833)
yes i give to old ladies who are selling tissue paper to help their blind husbands (who come along with them) sometimes. it's an inflated price of S$1 for three packets of pocket tissue but i guess it's a form of work that they feel that they are up to doing. these days with lots of scams and with high adminstrative costs i'd rather give directly to the beneficiary than to let a charity administer it.
@irishmist (3819)
I hear you. I like to give directly myself. It gives me a better idea where my money goes to. the salvation Army here is great though. They help many needy families in our community.