ebay

Has anyone heard anything about ebay sellers shutting down and striking their new "policy" that does not allow the sellers to give any feedback, but allows the buyers to say anything???
Alot of sellers are very angry and I have read several articles on the issue including one on CNN. I can see ebays point however, or at least sort of. They feel customer service should be the most important thing to buyers, and lets face it as a buyer that is what is most important. So they decided that sellers cant leave negative feedback, which in a way i think is good because so many of the powersellers use feedback as a tool to force buyers into leaving positive feedback when their products and their services stink. I have been buying and selling on ebay for years, I was actually pleased with the changes they made, but I am not a powerseller and i dont have to reach certain quotas to stay a powerseller so I dont really care that much. I am curious to see how it all works out. Ecrater has reported tons of new sellers as well as bidville.
I really don't think that the powersellers use of feedback as a tool to force buyers to leave positive feedback is that common/sophisticated....my concern with the new "no sellers feedback" rule is that you could get someone who just wants to complain about things that the seller can't control...the weather, postal problems,,,etc..that leaves the sellers in a position where they can't defend themselves or tell their side/version.
I dont see it as being any different than if you bought something from amazon or walmart online. If their customer service stinks their fault or not then the customer is going to let them know that. Anyone who owns a business pretty much goes by the standard that the customer is always right. Lots of ebay powersellers use feedback as a weapon. If you purchase something, pay in a speedy manner, then have the nerve to be dissatisfied or not like the product then you are going to be the target of not just neg feedback but nasty feedback. Buyers have been pretty much cornered into leaving pos feedback or be slammed with neg themselves despite doing what they were supposed to.
I see your point, however, don't you think that if ebay wanted to be really really fair they would just stop all feedback from both the buyers and sellers...like amazon etc...
That sounds like something ebay would do. I started boycotting ebay years ago mainly because of the listing fee. Even if something isn't sold they charge. Not cool. I switched to amazon.
are you happy with amazon?--what kind of fees does it have?
I like amazon especially because it is not auction style. You decide the price you are willing to sell at. And amazon only takes a small commission if the item is sold. I think the commission is the same commission that ebay takes too.
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
I've heard about it from an email group I'm on, but I haven't read the fine print on eBay itself. A couple of years ago I was selling quite a bit on eBay and I would have been very upset if I was restricted on the feedback issue. A buyer can be just as dishonest as a seller, so I think eBay is being pretty one-sided there.
I agree, I don't know thier reasons, but in the long run I think they are "shooting themselves in the foot"
@missbdoll (1167)
It's a really hot topic out here (Australia)A lot of sellers are asking everyone not to by or sell on there for a week.Because of all the changes.People are relly up in arms.
@dizzblnd (3073)
I have not listed ANYTHING nor bought anthing on ebay since about 2 weeks before the offical boycott started.. I am tired of being bent over by ebay.. I will probably NEVER go back I now sell on Loudfrog.com its FREE and the only fee is 1% final value fee I am greedbayrefugee on loudfrog.. check me out :)
I LOVE your name.... does it get a lot of traffic??
I haven't heard that, I've only heard that users can only leave positive feedback from now on. eBay is the only online selling site I use, I won't use anything else as there's nothing as popular as it.