I am in a pickle...

@patgalca (15438)
Orangeville, Ontario
Actually, I'm in a whole jar of pickles between trying to pay for my kids' soccer and trying to, well, survive. What I am looking for right now is a replacement pad for a 3 seater canopy swing for the backyard. The sun has faded our pad so much that it is actually ripped. I am trying to find a replacement pad but nobody seems to carry them. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement pad for my porch swing? I am in Ontario, Canada.
@maddysmommy (16233)
Sorry Pat, I don't have a clue. I tried googling it but couldn't find where to buy one unless I was using the wrong keywords. Seems to be a lot out there about the actual porch swing itself but not the pads. Sorry can't help you there!
@BarBaraPrz (23902)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Have you heard of Freecycle? There's an Orangeville group you can join -- just type in freecycle orangeville and it'll get you there. You can ask if anyone has one they're looking to give up or if they know where you can get a new one in your town. Zellers usually carries that sort of stuff, though. Good luck.
@patgalca (15438)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I might try that, but not sure I want to join another "club". I checked Zellers, Home Depot, The Home Store, etc. Even did online searches and nobody carries a replacement pad.
@BarBaraPrz (23902)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Well, it's not really a club, even though it is a Yahoo Group. You can set your preferences to only get important email from the admin, instead of every posting, and just go to the site when you feel like it. You can get a lot of nice stuff for free. You can also get rid of lot of stuff for free, too.
@stephcjh (32327)
Have you tried to look for it on Ebay? I know alot of people sell things on there that they do not sell in regular stores any longer. You may be able to find it there. That is about the only place that I know of that may carry it. Have you done extensive searching online?
@patgalca (15438)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Yup, I looked there and came up with nothing.
@tess1960 (2386)
I can't help with where in Canada to get one but I would like to suggest that if you can't find one maybe you could just re-do the ones you have. If you don;t sew maybe you could find someone locally that does to make you slip covers for the cushions. Just a thought!!
@patgalca (15438)
• Orangeville, Ontario
Thanks for that idea. My mother would probably do it but right now she is in the process of emptying out her house. She sold it last week and will be moving into a retirement residence sometime in May. She's got enough on her plate right now. Perhaps I can find someone in town to do it.
@reinydawn (11649)
I'm sorry I can't help you find what you are looking for, but I sure can sympathize with your situation. I was a single mom while my kids were growing up and it was very difficult to try to keep them in sports and put groceries on the table. I wish I had been introduced to my home-business back then. Although it's still great now, it would have been like a Godsend for me back then. Best of luck to you!
@raydene (9874)
Hi Hon I would most likely resort to making something myself...How hard could it be? I have even made my own hammock which I love! xoxooxxoxoxo