17 million dollars invested by government to fight school violence.

@winterose (39897)
Quebec is investing 17 million dollars to fight school violence. Education Minister Michelle Courchesne said "We want everyone in security at schools - teachers, personnel, when they come to work they're entitled to have that kind of security - but also the kids, the young people," she said at a news conference at a Montreal high school on Monday. About $5.2 million will be spent on creating a chaperone-style service to accompany students who are suspended or expelled, in order to keep them off the streets, Courchesne said. Another $4.1 million is dedicated to taff training. She said every elementary and high school will have to craft its own anti-violence plan. "One school will have a street gang problem, the other one will have a taxing problem, the other one will have a drug situation," Courchesne explained. "So [schools] need to elaborate those plans with the means that will be adapted to their reality, and work with the people specialized to these situations, so they can find the right solutions." Parents have to be involved every step of the way, she added. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/080421/canada/montreal_qc_schoolviolencd Do you think this plan should be adopted where you live? Do you think the plan can work? Do you see anything else that should be done as well?
@stephcjh (32327)
I think that is great. They need to do something with these kids these days because it is already way out of hand. I think they need to have more constructive things for these kids to do to keep their mind off of these activities they have been carrying out. I know in our county, there is nothing for kids to do. they act out in ways of frustration I assume, but I didn't get to do things either when I was younger and I never did these types of activities these kids are doing these days which brings on many problems.
@winterose (39897)
I find that the kids of today are very different than when we were growing up, also there is more inner city crime now than ever before.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
I think that is a great thing to do and I do hope it catches on where I live because they are alot of bullies at the schools around where I live. I hear about kids being bullied all the time from my sister and nieces and nephew whom all been bullied themselves at one time or another. So I say Hooray! and hope that like chicken pocks in a school room that it spreads and rapidly..lol
@winterose (39897)
yes it is a good thing and anything helps I think to get to the root of the school problems instead of just letting them escalate
@Esoteric1 (866)
I think it is great that they finally decide to step in and try to make schools more secure and safe for the students and teachers. As my son will be starting high school next school year I will feel a little more secure that he is in the safe environment that a school should represent. I think it is a good start what they are doing I'm not sure that will solve the problems but it will cut down on violence in the schools, and from there they can try to figure out new solutions to the problems that persist further.
@winterose (39897)
yep it should help but not sure if it will be in place in time for T's high school start anyway. I hopefully something will be in my before he finishes though.
@gemini_rose (16257)
I am very lucky in that the schools where I live do not have a problem with the sort of problems that you detail here. Of course bullying goes on, but it is dealt with as soon as it starts and it tends to be the end of the matter. I just think that the school my eldest son goes to needs to focus on spending more money and time on the students with poorer grades instead of on the ones who are straight As. That seems to be their only problem.
@Lakota12 (42681)
I do say that parents should be more involved and that teachers should be more up to taking care of the class rooms. It might help for it here not sure what they have except police patroling scholl areas and then we get Teachers subs that molestt eh kids so how to combat that alwso need more screening of apps. thats for sure
Winterose I think we should have a plan like that here in the US as we have a lot of violence in schools too and we need something to stem this epidemic of evil. Here in California we have a lot of hispanic gangs that are really violent. I think this plan would work but we need to get parents involved to and to get parents to start parenting their kids and not ex pect the schools to do it all. a lot of stuff could be stopped by parents just saying no to their kids and following through on it and I do not mean beating or whipping either but just good common horse sense. Be sure your kids obey at home and respect your kids and they will obey and respect you too. love them respect them and set limits and boundries for them. they need them and they will follow them if they are helped to understand.