Summer Nights Smells

Summer Bonfire - Buster in the background even enjoys the bonfires to a point.
@webeishere (36353)
Ahhhh!! The smells of a summer night are great once again for me here in Minnesota. Oh yes that's right, Grandpa Bob has started with his bonfires once again. My wife complains wanting me to close the house up totally saying it stinks. But I love the smell of a bonfire. I tell her I'll burn an incense and pot pourri to rid the house of the bonfire smell before she awakens in the morning. You can see Buster in the background as wll. he stayed out with me for a few hours as I tended to the fire. it isn't real warm out but the bonfire and my lined flannel shirt kept me plenty warm. The fire has been going for a couple of hours so far and I'll be up a few more tending to it this morning. I have used all the wood I cut up earlier this week except for the huge stumps. Do you have a bonfire when you get bored at nights? Do you like the smell of wood burning also? I sat outside with a hot brownie, a cup of coffee and my fire poker enjoying the cool calm evening and the bonfire. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@walijo2008 (4646)
Well, my husband is the firebug around here, and here lately he's been building fires all the time. Actually during the winter, we had a bad ice storm and alot of branches fell off our trees, so we've been trying to get it all cleaned up. So that means he's been burning brush and stuff, and I don't like the smell of it either. I don't like smelling it in my hair...lol. I just now gave him the lighter back, he was on probation for building fires for awhile, the last time, he caught the whole hillside on fire by the house, had to call the fire dept. to come out...lol. Here lately tho, its been either too windy for a fire or its raining. We're in Oklahoma...hey my hubby went on a fishing trip in Minnesota last summer, he said it was fun, but the fishing wasn't too good. He thinks maybe he went at the wrong time of the year, it was in July.
@webeishere (36353)
I keep my garden hose nearby and turned on to avoid sparks or embers flying off and starting the lawn on fire. You placed him on probation or the courts did? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Haha....I placed him on probation...well you see, it was actually the day after Christmas, so we had all this mess, like wrapping paper, and boxes, he decided to burn it out in the driveway. Well when it caught on fire, the water hose was frozen, so we couldn't get any water out of it. He tried to put it out himself but it just got out of control,and there were haybales stacked up there, and once they caught on fire, that was all she wrote..lol. He said it was out, when he came in the house, but I guess the wind came up and pretty soon there was fire everywhere. Had no choice but to call the fire dept. then...
@mummymo (23707)
Now that sounds like a lovely relaxing time! Why not burn some pot pourri in the bonfire? lol I do love the smell of a bonfire AGB and I love the scent of the wood burning though when my other half burns things it is usually the things you shred , which he shreds and then burns mixed in with garden rubbish! lol xxx
@webeishere (36353)
I hate burning yard waste etc. it smells okay but I hate the thick smoke from it is all. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM AGB!!~
@mummymo (23707)
Tell me about it AGB! I would much rather sit around one of your bonfires anyday! xxx
@flowerchilde (12534)
..no, but you know what, I think I'll start doing that!
@webeishere (36353)
So did you have a bonfire then? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
I love the smell of bonfires to sit infront of it all warm and watching it just burn the wood. I could sit at one for hours I find it relaxing. I used to go to a friends house and do that but no longer go there for they ended up moveing but I enjoyed the fun while it lasted. I also love the smell of barbecues w/ all sorts of hot dogs and hamburgers on it. I wish I could do all that again. Maybe someday I will get to I miss it.
@webeishere (36353)
I have a bonfire quite often myself. I love it. I need to buy a cord of wood or more soon too I think. I am all out from my trees. well I have a few pieces of the trunks that are about 2 feet around and heavy as heck. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!`
@minnie_98214 (10572)
Oh i love fires for sure i must get that from you of course. Mom is weird the smell is just great I love it. I attatched a photo I thought was cool its when we decided to burn the wood house i put together.
@webeishere (36353)
Fire! Fire! Fire! - I love bonfires
A photo? Where? HAH! yeah you are also a pyromaniac I think we know you and your brother got that from me. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM DADDY!!~
Dang Mylot who knows where that picture ended up lol. Im gonna try this one more time.
that sounds absolutely heavenly,but unfortunetly,not allowed in my neck of the woods.houses are too close together.i'd love to be able to just relax out in the yard,just taking in the warmth. eh..maybe camping is an option this year,they allow it there.
@webeishere (36353)
The house are close here as well. I do live in the city. But we are allowed "recreational" fires. Or bonfires as most call them. they are regulated as to how tall the flames can be. How big of a pit we can have. How late we can burn etc. but not many abide by all the rules. Anyhow I am having a blast tonight finally. I think this is putting spring into my life opnce again. Spring? HAH! Nice pun huh? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
LOL yes.it is overtime for spring. it needs to make with the warm already ;)
@winterose (39897)
not here in the city but I am told the are illegal in many areas of the united states and canada, have you heard that?
@webeishere (36353)
Oh yes. Some cities in Minnesota do not allow recreational fires at all. We get our occasional fire bans here as well if it gets too dry during the year. HAPPY POSTINGS FROMM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@faith210 (11233)
Hi GRANDPA BOB! I only like bonfires when we are at the beach. I just like the warmth I get from it and the light that somehow brighten the surrounding. Just my thoughts my friend. Take care and have a nice day!
@webeishere (36353)
I used to love a beacj bonfire when I lived in Florida also. So soothing seeing the flames reflecting off the oceans waves and movements. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Here in New jersey, we're not allowed bonfires on our property. I do remember as a child, my Dad burning leaves and corn stalks from our garden in the fall. Years ago you were allowed to burn things in big garbage drums, I miss the smell of the leaves burning, it's part of memories from my childhood when the world wasen't so scarey.
@webeishere (36353)
White Hot - I love the logs as they become white hot
We can not burn yard waste or garbage here. Just wood as a recreational fire. Some woods are not allowed to be burnt either due to the pollutants they emit into the air etc. So there are a lot of restrictions. I have called the police due to neighbors burning leaves and grass etc. Only because thre smoke was so thick and it was seeping into my house last year. If that happens the owner of the house/bonfire is responsible for the cost of the FD call and trip etc. Not cheap either. It cost the neighbor over $400 for his leaf burnig fun. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@KarenO52 (2951)
I love bonfires too. I love the smell of the wood, and I always have to have marshmallows. I would rather sit out by the fire than watch tv.
@webeishere (36353)
Love this shot - A trio of dancing flames
I love watching the flames dance about. The shapes etc they make amaze me as well. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@stephcjh (32327)
I love the smell when someone is grilling out. I also like to smell freshly cut grass too. I like to sit around a bon fire also. I cannot stand to smell like the outdoors though. I have to stay smelling good LOL. I do like the way my swimming pool smells though as long as the chlorine isn't too strong. We use fragrance in it made just for pools. It is called Tropical Breeze.
@webeishere (36353)
Skyward - Love the dancing flames as the reach for the sky
I love all the scents of spring and summer. Especially bonfires and fresh cut grass. I really love watching the flames flicker upwards into the dark sky. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@sugarfloss (2140)
hello grandpa bob!It's great that it's summer there in Minnesota!Enjoy summer now!It's always summer here in Kuala Lumpur!I love my hot chocolate when it's raining at night!
@webeishere (36353)
I love Hot Chocolate anytime. Especially with miniture marshmallows in it or with a dallop of whipped cream floating on top. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@blackbriar (9080)
So Grandma Deb doesn't like the wonderful aroma of burning firewood, eh? Can tell she's not a true outdoorswoman or she would love it. I had 2 bonfires going stimulously this past ummmmm Thursday, I believe, toward nighttime. Was burning a couple piles of branches out in the woods that have sat for a few years and now wanted them gone so I can mow the weeds in that area. I have at least 4 more HUGE piles in the woods that I'll be able to burn this summer being the tree canopy is very high up and no trees around them. Can't wait till it dries up in the gully to do that. Right now you can still sink up to your ankles in the mud/muck. Done burned all the branches and old rotten wood in the burn pit last weekend and cleared it of ashes which I used to fill in some low areas in the lawn.
@Breath (1297)
Those summer bonfires are so nice...I will have to start my own little bonfire soon...I love friends gathered around just talking and laughing...To smell the wood...It's feels like magic...To see the faces of your loved ones in fire glow...How beautiful...
I remmeber the smell of wood burning and love it.' We used to have bonfires on the farm and I always had to get my mom to let me scorch some marshmallows. Now we are all citified and no bonfires anyplace, and my son will soon be fifty so I must be getting old huh I do not feel old however and mylots keeping meyoung anyway. I do smell the aroma of roses,mixed with star jasmine and fresh cut grass wafting in through my fa fan here in my bedroom window. I am sitting here in front of my computer and typing away like mad.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Oh I love the smell of a good fire..We have one for many reasons, besides burning up all the wood we collect in our yard, it is great for roasting hot dogs or marshmallows or to just enjoy, like you did..I sometimes make them even when it isn't warm out and I make them outside during the day..Reminds me of when we did a lot of camping..And sometimes when it is warm out, we put up a tent and sleep outside..
@ElicBxn (61137)
We have a burn ban going on, seems it has been going on since last year.
@KrisNY (7591)
I love bonfires. I find them so relaxing and enjoyable. We ask my sig other to start bonfires all the time- in the Spring-Fall. I like the smell most of the time-- unless it is rotten or wet wood. Then it really smells :( We love bonfires- we like to roast marshmallows for smores and to just eat. I also love campfires when we go camping- sitting there for hours at night just visiting!