Ladies.........How Often

@carolbee (16231)
How often do you file your fingernails and paint them or do you go to a nail salon and have them done? I happen to have great nails that are long and easy to take care of. I do my own about once every two weeks. I've only had my nails done at a salon or nail parlor twice. It was the day before two of our daughter's were married. I also had my toenails done as well but didn't like it at all.
@nicholejade (2430)
I file my nails once every 3 or 4 days. I tend to break them when they get to a certain length and with me travelling back and forth from city to country and the different water is also a contributing factor as well. I do however love going to the salon to get them down and usually go once a month or every two months depending if I am able to go or not. Otherwise my nails are in pretty good shape.
@carolbee (16231)
Sounds like you take very good care of your nails. I bet it is difficult to travel all the time and keep your nails in shape. Thanks for responding.
Not really I just don't like hangnails and a chip out of the nail. They usually snag on something. Saves the whole nail this way. Yes it is quite difficult to be travelling so much and trying to keep them intact. Some days I feel like ripping them up and not having any but I know that I would go nuts if I had no nails.
@whittby (3073)
I keep my nails level with the end of the finger since that's the only way I type comfortably. I do my nails at least once a week. When I was doing a lot of gardening I messed them up continually since I didn't wear my gloves all the time. I had a pedicure a few weeks ago and loved it so much I'm going back once a month. The chair with the back massage, getting my feet all conditioned and massaged was so nice. But we all have our preferences. For instance, I can't wear fake nails - it gives me the heebie jeebies with them sitting on my nails.
@carolbee (16231)
I've never worn acrylics. I understand about you having the heebie jeebies about wearing them. I would also..lol My nails are great and low maintenance so I'm lucky in that department. Of our 3 daughters, only 1 had nails like mine. The other 2 wear acrylics off and on but I can tell you their fingers get sore. When I begin to have trouble typing, I trim them but most often they are long and don't bother me. Thanks for responding and have a great day, carolbee
@jillhill (37379)
I haven't had mine done in years in a salon. I do them myself and it depends on what I am doing as to how many times a week I have to redo them. If I do some painting or other craft activity that leaves paint or glue on them you know what it's like to peel off the paint....there goes the polish! So most of the time I do them once a week.
@blackbriar (9080)
I keep my nails somewhat short by clipping and then filing the rough edges. No paint or even clear coat. Nothing on my nails but the soil after I dig into the wonderful earth to plant seeds to enjoy as Mother Nature intended me to do.
@carolbee (16231)
I may have long nails and take care of them but I stink when it comes to planting seeds and growing flowers or veggies. I admire your talent. Thanks for responding.
@Loen210 (1533)
Zero, nada, nuthin'! Never file my fingernails, never paint them, never go to a salon. I woudn't waste my time or money on that. And plus, I can't stand the smell of nail polish when wet. Makes me feel sick. I also have another good excuse is that I am professionally a musician (violin), and so I have to have very short fingernails! So I do clip them several times a week, but just in a fast boom! ;o) Happy nails to you!
@carolbee (16231)
Having longer nails and taking care of them is not for everyone. I understand your decision about keeping your nails short when it comes to playing the violin. My dad played the bass fiddle and kept his nails short so he could play away. Thanks for responding.
@minnie_98214 (10572)
My nails are a decent lenght but they are not well taken care of as im just not a girly type of person. I never file or paint them. I garden so to me its just a waste of time they will just get ruined anyways.
@carolbee (16231)
I understand if you garden that it's hard to take care of them. It can be a real chore. I'm not a girly type of person either so I certainly understand. I'm an old athlete and just one of the guys...lol Thanks for responding.
@stephcjh (32327)
I used tp file my fingernails at least once per week. I would also paint them one time per week also. I really do not have the time to do it anymore. My nails break so easy also. I am always cleaning something or working so it is hard for me to take care of them. I need more time in my life to take care of myself.
@carolbee (16231)
It does take time to file and paint the nails on a regular basis. I don't do as well as I should. Thanks for responding.
@roxanne271 (2035)
• Trinidad And Tobago
Hi carolbee, I do my nails once a week, both my fingernails and toenails. I have never had my nails done at a salon and always do them at home. Think you can share some tips with me on how to get my nails to stay long when they grow out? Mine have a tendency to chip or just break sometimes! I have heard of a technique with garlic that strengthens the nails. But I am reluctant to try it, think of the odour, oh gosh! I usually paint my nails on Friday night cause Saturday is the day I go out with my boyfriend and I usually pick a colour to match my clothing for my nails and I love to wear bright red on my toe nails cause it really brings out my beige shoes! So yeah, once a week!
@carolbee (16231)
I really don't have any tips on how to grow and keep nails long. Am just a fortunate person in the nail department. Could use mine as weapons they are so hard and strong. Have never used anything to strengthen them and rarely drink milk or eat alot of dairy products. Call me lucky! Thanks for responding.
Okay, I have horrible nails, I always have. So much so, that I never even paint them. Though I love to see other womens painted nails. So. For Mothers Day, I had my nails done (I got acrylics). Since then I have painted my nails every other day. lol Its addicting!
@carolbee (16231)
I've never used acrylics but know plenty of others who do. After awhile these friends begin to get sore fingers is about all I know. Thanks for responding.