I signed the papers..

@ersmommy1 (12596)
My husband decided a few weeks ago that I needed Life Insurance. He came to me and basically said, "he didn't know where he'd be if something happened to me". Last night the insurance man came by and I signed the papers. I hope this makes my hubby feel better. I am now a full fledged grown up. Anyone else have a life insurance policy?
I have a life insurance policy on myself, my wife, and my daughter has one too. I guess I worry too much. My life insurance policy is also supposed to double as a way to save for retirement. Let's hope that works out!
@kbourgerie (8780)
I don't have one, but its something I've thought about quite a bit and have found myself procrastinating about. I don't have alot to leave my children, but would like to have something they could fall back on.
@stephcjh (32327)
That is great. My husband and I took out a life insurance policy about ten years ago. We do not want to leave eacj other with alot of dect either. I don't know what we would do either. Life insurance is nice to have. We also have a policy on our daughter also. We have whole life and a term policy for each other.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
No We don't have life insurance or insurance of any kind We live paycheck to paycheck and thats when he can get enough work so we can't really afford any extras right now I would seriously love to have life insurance or even burial insurance would be a blessing. All of his family have burial insurance but my husband. I think life insurance is a must especially if they are children involved because someone you love dying can really mess you up and having life insurance means that they can take a break from work for a while till they get their heads back on straight and also help with medical bills and oher bills that seem to overwhelm a person. Your husband is smart in getting you life insurance..now I would seriously worry if you are the only one with it in the house though just kidding. Life insurance helps you have a more secure future. He is just looking out for the future and future events that may occur. You should be happy he is looking towards the future and getting prepared.
I tried to get it, but I messed up on my forms (according to my employer) so now I have to wait one more month to correct it. I've been putting off giving my boyfriend my medical power of attorney though. I'm so lazy :-(.
@Pitgull (1523)
I don't...but does your husband? Just wondering....making sure it was the two of you, and not just you... :) Someday I'll get one, so my children will be all right. (I don't have them yet )