She's the Boss

@p1kef1sh (45638)
Despite Hillary Clinton not winning the Democrat nomination, it is clear that women are going to continue to play a prominent part on the World stage. We've had Margaret Thatcher, Benazhir Bhutto, Golda Meir as prominent female leaders over the past forty years. If you were a female president or national leader - how would you change the World?
@ruby222 (4848)
Ive had a bit of a day here Piky,so much as i would love to change the world in many ways !!im feeling a little in need of a relax,so i will give it thought overnight...my brain cells will rejuvenate overnight im sure ...and maybe I will be able to enlarge.!
@p1kef1sh (45638)
You have had a day. I was starting to wonder if you were on a sponsored "start a discussion" . Take a well earned break. Put your feet up and relax. I look forward to your enlargement tomorrow. Not sure that sounds how I meant it. LOL.
@agfarm (930)
Ruby my Dear......what in the world R U talking about? Did you mean ( hopefully ) engage ? As in Engage in more Discussions ? Or have you been sipping the HAppy juice again? Careful how U answer that !
@ruby222 (4848)
Not at all Ag !!..the question needed some thought,and at the time I didnt have the energy to think abiut it too deeply.So I was going to rest the little bit that is left of my brain,and then I was going to enlarge on my comments..lol..
@agfarm (930)
I would start by telling Women to appreciate their MAle Counterparts More! I think WARS are started over issues of No respect to Men! Regardless of How Smart a Woman is.....She will never Be as strong Physically as a MAn. That is why Males are the protectors , and Females HAve the Children. Each are extremely important in the roles they play according to Nature. One Can not exist without the Other! I take great pride in My Husband! He is a wonderful Lover , Father , and Protector! I am a Fantastic Mother ! We each have Important Roles. Respect is the MAin issue here. If people are willing to Compromise their arrogance for Intelligence I think we would see a dramatic difference in how issues were Handled around the World. That's just my Opinion! p1key.....you're sounding a little philosophical 2nite. Geez.....you're Smart. By the way....did you take Mrs. p1key out 2 dinner dear?
@p1kef1sh (45638)
Respecting one another regardless of gender is vital Ag. I have known some very strong and powerful women who it is easy to admire. I've known wimpy men too. But I do agree, if some of these politicians stopped being arrogant and patronising then we might see something useful being achieved by Governments. Not just the production of more hot air.
@GreenMoo (11837)
The same way I would if I were a male president or national leader. I don't know quite how that would be, which is why I'm not the president or national leader I suppose, but I don't see why it would be any different because of my gender.
@p1kef1sh (45638)
My question is based really on the fact that women leaders, certainly Hillary Clinton, experience a significant amount of female support. This may just be a gender issue and nothing to do with their policies. I certainly don't recall women being especially vocal in their support of Margaret Thatcher towards the end of her Premiership.
@ellie333 (21018)
To be quite honest I don't think I would want the position or the responsibility whether male or female. Tough one to change the world eh! I suppose the ultimate is world peace and sufficient food and homes for all. Ellie :D
@p1kef1sh (45638)
Yes I imagine that those things are important. I wondered if there was a "female" dimension that made women view the world's issues differently. Maybe there isn't. Hillary Clinton "enjoyed" the support of a significant proportion of women. I imagined that this was deeper than just because of her gender. That said, I am not sure that the nominees battle was fought on policies, it seemed mostly related to personalities.
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
I would have companies build housing for their employees according to the salary that they are paid. Make sure that they have reliable transportation and medical treatment when they need it. These days, workers spend so much time at work and have so many other bills and issues, that they do not have time to stress about paying the rent and getting to and from work. In other words, employers can make it easier for the workers to devote so many hours to the office. If they lose their job, they can stay in their home as long as they are able to pay the rent and are actively looking for other employment. In the classrooms, I would have an extra hour at the end of the day for each child to study in the field that he would like to pursue when he is holder. This way, they would be more prepared when they go to college. Once they made up their mind and it was a career that they could make a living at, they would stick to it until college. Unless there were unforseen circumstances. If they continued to changed their minds, they would be dropped from the program. I would encourage parents to take time to work with the children more at home. As they got older, they could be taught things that they are mentally ready for at whatever age. I also think that it would be a lot easier if utilities were included with the rent in apartments. That is all I can think of at this moment.
@p1kef1sh (45638)
You need to move to Europe Rozie. We have a lot of that stuff already. Mind you, significant number of people complain about having to pay for it.
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
Really, that is the way it is in Europe? Well now, I better get my ticket and be on my way.
@p1kef1sh (45638)
Not the building houses bit. Although that has been done in the past. In fact the US town of Hershey (Illinois?) was built by the creator of the chocolate empire of the same name along those lines. But I do see similarities in other areas. They are not universally popular though!
@mummymo (23707)
OMG I always say the world would be a better place if women were in charge until I remember Maggie Thatcher the milk snatcher! Anyway as for me I would try to change all the bitterness and pointless fighting in this world - I know we can never make the whole world a place of peace and love but lets be a little more thoughtful and considerate of those around us and try and sort things out in a friendly civil way! xxxx
@p1kef1sh (45638)
I couldn't agree more. Let's start with Mylot Mummymo.
@mummymo (23707)
I am trying sweetheart - truly I am! I think you should be an honorary woman and join the cabinet on this one! xxx
@Kowgirl (3490)
The first thing I would do is get rid of the illegal IRS. Stop the Federal Reserve Banks from printing money. Close these banks if possible. Free healthcare for all... An honest days pay for an honest days work Start using oil we have in surplus right here in America, eliminating the need for foreign oil. Let other countries fight their own wars and keep our men and women at home. And give the say back to the people where it is supposed to be. I could go on and on but what for? We all have some fantasy.....and we did have a little hope but that too is fading away.
@p1kef1sh (45638)
I agree. We have to look to home first. Too many western governments seem to be more about egos than governance of the people.
@ajayrekha (491)
I don't thing the defeat of clinton from obama should be treated as a defeat of a female, rather it should be treated as a defeat of one election candidate from other. Biased from gender we should not misinterpret the thing. Yes, I agree, women have to play a play a bigger role and they must.
@p1kef1sh (45638)
I agree. Thank you.
@Rosekitty (19396)
• San Marcos, Texas
P1ke..if i was a leader that alone would make a change..LOL I also feel if women were leaders they'd make the men that are war crazy go fight it out between them instead of getting all these young people to do there dirty work! Power maybe a Man's downfall but a woman would share her secrets and then all would be fine in the world!!!!
@p1kef1sh (45638)
I've often thought that if the politicians themselves had to fight the wars, they would not be so keen to start them. Of course, they'd probably pay someone to do the fighting for them. Hang on a minute, that's what they do do!
well if I were a female president, heaven forbid, I would start by seeing all us gals got the same wages as the guys who do the s ame sort of work, and I would mandate that if a gal had more than two kids all hubbies had to help their wives with the children each and every evening. also all countries would have all flavors of ice cream, and' chocolates, and candy bars. there would be no wars as everybody would have jobs and were too busy to think about such stuff as wars. but then I would probably be run out of office. lol.
@p1kef1sh (45638)
You might get run out Hatley, but I bet that you'd be voted in by every woman on the planet. Good job women outnumber men. LOL.