Fondant or Icing?

@megumiart (3780)
Which do you prefer on your cake? I'm for icing all the way. xD Fondant looks really pretty and some amazing pastry art can be done with it, but it just tastes terrible! I'd much rather have cream cheese or caramel icing on my cake.
@underkcat (134)
I don't like fondant.. I don't like how it taste.. It's too sweet.. Plus It's made with bare hands.. Kinda eeew.. But fondant art cakes looks pretty though.. I just do like the idea that it's edible.. I love icing on top and in between my cake..
I like the cool whip icing the fondant is to sweet for me
@zeloguy (4913)
I haven't eaten cake in a while but I do love icing as long as it is not too sweet. fondant is more of a decorative item to make it LOOK pretty not TASTE pretty (d*** good!). Thanks Zelo
@MH4444 (2161)
Icing always. Fondant is neat for certain things, but icing is better tasting. I saw a wedding cake designer once that used both to really make a gorgeaous cake that used fondant only as an accent.
Yes, fondant is most definitely gross. Beautiful, but gross. I tasted it on Saturday for the first time I can remember, and I really wish that cake had had icing instead. :)
@skinnychick (6906)
Fondant doesn't taste good at all. I was surprised when I first tried it. I love whipped cream icing. So yummy!
@marilyn23 (295)
I like cakes with icing with many attractive decorations. Sometimes, i eat pondant cakes but i feel much tastier to eat cakes with icing. marilyn23
Oh, I'm an icing girl all the way. Just pile it on! The only problem is that I get bad headaches and other problems from the frostings with a ton of sugar and saturated fat in it. But, you're right, you can do all kinds of artistic things with frosting. You can do some neat things with fondant, too, but I love the way frosting looks. I know a lot of people who don't like frosting, but they can just give all theirs to me.