my elbows are discusting!

@bunnybon7 (46757)
Holiday, Florida
i need some advice here. my elbows peel. yuck. and they hurt. when i was younger, i never had this stupid problem. i've tried putting lotion and ointments on them. anyone have this problem? is it age? any advice.
I saw this on the Tyra Banks show. Get an old sock, cut the end that is closed. Rub lard on your elbow and put the sock on over elbow overnight.
They used Crisco but I'm sure you could just use whatever
@bunnybon7 (46757)
• Holiday, Florida
thanks thats another wonderful idea
huh. If you have tried these things and it's not working I suggest going to the doctor to make sure it's not a skin condition. Your doctor or derm may be able to suggest or prescribe something that will help too.
@bunnybon7 (46757)
• Holiday, Florida
i will as soon as i can afford another dr bill. these days its a hard thing to get money for a dr unless its crucial.
yup I hear you there. We for now just keep them well moisturized, maybe try a lotion for extra dry skin. And if that doesn't work try putting neospron or a cheaper version of it. Hope that helps. good luck.
@saverio (402)
apply eucerin lotion every night before going to sleep.Also start a diet with lots of protein such as meat,fish.Cold water fish especially tuna,sardine,salmon are rich in fatty acids and help in nails,hair,skin healthy.Also take vitamins such as vitamin A,C,E.vit A is found in liver,dark green and yellow vegies.Vit C in citrous fruits like lemon,berries,tomatoes,potatoes.Vitamin C is very very useful in maintaining your skin.It helps a lot.
@bunnybon7 (46757)
• Holiday, Florida
thanks, yes i take vitamins, but your right i probably dont eat the things i should.
@dopey22girl (3324)
I agree that you should go to the doctor. My first suggestion was going to be lotion but then I saw that you said you tried that. Just for peace of mind go to the doctor and make sure nothing's wrong.
@bunnybon7 (46757)
• Holiday, Florida
well, as i said above. unless its life threatening, no one here can afford it. thanks for your reply tho.
Oh my god this could be dangerous. Did you consult your doctor? Peeling could be cured by exfoliation and moisturizing. But you say it hurts so..