An amazing friendship story

@estherlou (5017)
I wouldn't believe this if I hadn't seen it. A lion that was a pet, then released back into the wild, greeted his former people friends with affection. I would have thought he would have reverted to his "wild" side. An amazing video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYbFQFXG0U
Oh, yes, that is one of my favorite stories. I am a huge fan of George Adamson and can spend hours talking about him. Christian is a very famous lion. You might know the story of Born Free and Elsa the lioness. Well, George and his wife Joy Adamson were the ones who released her into the wild. I even own the book about Christian. George Adamson helped rehabilitate him as well as some of the lions that played in the film Born Free. And, I've seen the whole film many times.
@estherlou (5017)
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. I'll bet the book is a good one.
I think the wrote the book at the same time they did the movie. Bill and Virginia Travers were the ones who took Christian from England to Kenya to work with George. The Travers were the ones who played Joy and George Adamson in the film Born Free.
@jillmalitz (5132)
I always find those stories very interesting. I have seen stories on Animal Planet, Discovery and National Geographic where people have taken care of or lived with wild animals and went back later to see how the animals were doing. There must be some kind of special bond with humans and animals who can remain "friends".
@Lakota12 (42681)
have you not watched Born Free? It can happen if they love the people good enough
@nova1945 (1614)
I saw this video on the news. What an amazing and heartwarming story.
@williamjisir (22900)
Hello dear estherlou. Thank you so much for the link that touched me so much with the wild lion's friendship and love to his human friends. I love the video very much and thanks again for sharing it with us.
As Desertdarlene said before me, watch the movie Born Free. I have watched it many times and can still do again. One of the few complete movies to be watched with children, almost motivational in its impact. I feel that instead of so many environment and wildlife classes, all schools must show the movie Born Free to the children. It proves yet again that animals have their priorities intact, its us humans who have lost it more often. PS: I will invariably cry everytime I watch it...the scenes are so poignant with love and emotion.