A Fight Broke Out!

Live Jousting - Taken at the Minnesota Renassiance Festival 8-30-2008.
@webeishere (36353)
Yes, I went to the Renassiance festival on Saturday and a huge fight erupted. Right on time too I might add. It was a well fought out battle of wits and strength. The crowd cheered the good guy and booed the bad guy as well. I am talking about the Live Jousting at the RenFest they hold 3 times daily. It was a great time with women leading each side of the ring with cheers and various chants for the good and bad guys as they fought. This shot shows one of the Knights getting the lance right above his eye on the steel armor plate. I loved it. Have you ever seen live Jousting before? If not then I suggest the next time a renassiance Festival is nearby go visit to witness this awesome spectacular event. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
That is awesome that you got to go the Renassiance Festival! I have never been to one. It sounds very exciting! I have heard you have to wear a custom to go.. Is that still true? Or is that just in some areas!? Or a rumor...LOL Glad to hear that you got to go.. Maybe someday I will.. who knows..
@webeishere (36353)
Renassiance Festival - Friends of my neice dressed in the Renassiance era garb.
Not at the one here in Minnesota. But a lot of the crowd does dress up. Here's a friend of my neice that was there with her BF and daughter dressed up. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@pyewacket (44032)
That looks awesome GRANDPA BOB---I would love to see a jousting match...kind of reminds me of that movie First Knight with the late actor Heath Ledger in it as Sir Oric of Lictenstien..LOL..gee..haven't watched that movie in ages
@reinydawn (11649)
Our RenFest is going on now too. I of course like the weekend that they all dress in kilts!!! You know some men don't wear anything underneath theirs???!!!! Actually I like celtic weekend because they do the caber toss and I tell you that just makes me melt!!! I love watching those burly men in kilts throwing those telephone poles around! Sorry, the joust just doesn't do it for me :-(
@mummymo (23707)
And here was me thinking my beloved AGB had been brawling - should have known better! lol That sounds like it was real fun with an amazing atmosphere! I haven't seen this type of jousting but every year there is a re enactment of the Battle of Bannockburn(1314) just around the corner from us - I live on what would have been part of the Battlefield way back then. It is spectacular and all the participants dress and sleep as they would have back then - apart from some of them go to the local pubs in full costume! lol xxx
@mummymo (23707)
AGB I would love to do a discussion on it but right now I am afraid I am a bit rushed all the time - I will do one soon though - promise! I think you are right to look after your face - we wouldn't want to see that scarred! Hugs xxx
@webeishere (36353)
I haven't seen a discussion from you in ages. Hee hee. Just kidding. (kind of) HAPPY POSTINGS FROM AGB !!~
Oh man! It would be so fun to go to one of those....we have them here every year, but I've never gone...my family did go one time, but I didn't know and was never told...That made me feel real welcome :P lol. Anyways...no one has ever gone back since, and I don't know if I'll ever get to go to one! Defeniatly don't want to go alone x.x
@webeishere (36353)
Why have you not been to it yet? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Well my family already went to one (without me), they don't want to go again...and I don't know who else to ask. I'm not sure my friend would enjoy it...plus she is busy with school and work.
Our little Scottish Festival does not have live jousting, but most of the time it has live steel. My son has been involved in that. His favorite weapon is his battle axe. They all have swords and practice carefully so that it looks very real, but most of the time the players come away uninjured. I would like to go to a Ren Fest.
@webeishere (36353)
They also had crossbow and longbow competitions here. That was awesome to see as well. Didn't take photos of that though as it wasn't that interesting photography wise. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@cjgrooms (4456)
The Renaissance is one of my favorite periods in history and i would love to see the Knights Jousting, you are so lucky!
@webeishere (36353)
Just love it. You should go sometime as well. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@dragon54u (31638)
I'm hoping to attend our RenFest this year, I've always wanted to go to one! I'll wait till the weather is a little cooler, though. Think we'll get any rain from Gustav or Hannah? I sure hope so!
@webeishere (36353)
You probably will get some rain. Up here in Minnesota we hope to get rain from wither in the coming weeks. Hahahaha! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@faith210 (11233)
Hi GRANDPA BOB! Oh that must be spectacular to watch. Never had seen one live but have seen it in movies. haha..I don't think there will be ever be any jousting festival here in our country because no knights have ever landed in our country before, only cowboys. haha.. Take care always..God Bless!
@richiem (3646)
I haven't seen one in person but I have seen a some of them on movies. I don't think there would be Renaissance Festival in here because I am living in the other part of the world. But I would love to see one. Have a nice day!
I guess a manly fight would be rather normal especially for men, whome have much higher raging homons .
@cupid74 (11394)
• Pakistan
Hi BOb nice and catchy Discussion and good start well i have not seen it life and i dont think i may be able to Visit Renassiance Festival as its too far from Pakistan Take care
Hi GRANDPA BOB, That must have been a wonderful sight and that is a great picture, we don't do anything like that where I live so and there are no festivals like your, its a bit boring but we are having a Lord Mayor show in November how very exciting I'm sure and it all around London with floats and all sorts, I've never been there ans I live in the country, I prefer it that way. Thanks for the lovely picture. Tamara
@Katlady2 (9920)
That sounds like a lot of fun! I've never seen live jousting before. Hubby has though in Las Vegas. One of these days I will get to a Renaissance Fair so I can experience the fun too. *sigh*
@makingpots (11920)
Renassiance festivals are such fun. The Jousting is a very exciting part of the fair. Glad you were able to go and have such a great time, Bob.
@webeishere (36353)
Yes they are a blast to say the least. Jousting is the main thing I plan on seing each year. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@skinnychick (6906)
I have never seen live jousting but I would love to. I had plans to go to the Renaissance Fair this year but my daughter got seriously hurt and we couldn't go. There is always next year I guess.