Working with the Villagers !

Some of the villagers looks like this man - Villagers looks like this
A friend of mine work as a community worker in an environment project for rural villagers. I have the opportunity to join him and see what he is doing, I have seen these stuff in the tv, but putting myself in his shoe is really a tough one. As we visit a community to the next, he is working with 5 villages (rural barangays) and we have to get there by our shoes, yeah you hear me right, miles for bare shoe ! I hear myself complaining, he wasn't. Can you handle a job like him ? I mean, I was speechless and admired my friend so much that he was able to do this ! Hard money eh, but he love his job and he told me, that he would keep this job as long as he wants to. Have you been in far villages, sleep, eat, walk a mile and live with the local people ? Would you take a job like this ? If you would be given a chance to do a job like this one and work far from home, what preparations would you be doing ahead ? How long would you think would you be able to stay there ?
@ANTIQUELADY (36471)
there has been a time i could have done that but my health wouldn't let me noe. i don't know that i would have wanted to do that when i wasable. i admire your friend for doing it.
yeah, he is truly one of a kind this part of the globe.
I'm an outdoor person and would help those trying to set up a farm get going with it, but bare foot? I save that for around the house, because cattle dung does not smell pretty. I'd never be able to stray too far from my family in pursuit of work because they are the most important thing to me. Sheesh, I don't like flying too much so I guess that means a trip to Africa for work would definitely be out.
@dragon54u (31646)
If I were young and able to, I'd love to do that type of work. I really admire your friend, he's doing some good with his job and making a difference in peoples' lives.
@littleowl (7157)
Hi torchedablazed I admire your friend for being so hard working in that sort of job...being honest I couldn't adapt to a job like that but admire you for joining him too..it cannot be easy but if your friend is happy in his work and loves doing it as well as willing to put up with all the walking then credit where its due to your friend..littleowl
@xParanoiax (6997)
I'd love that job. It's so unique, it's helpful, and I'm sure it'd be a pretty varied job. I always did like a bit of a rougher life, anyways.
@checapricorn (16065)
[i]HI torch, It will not be hard for me since I grew up in a place like that! I was 7 years old when we moved to my Mom's province and it was not hard for me to adjust since I was still a kid..LOL! We came from MAnila and it was very opposite! Anyway, I learn a lot of things there, from gardening, fetching water, walking a lot and all! I always love to visit the place and love the people also! When I was in College, I also joined an organization who rendered volunteer job in a remote areas, we feed kids, teach them specially those out of school youth! It's fun and very satisfying![/i]
@nilzerous1 (2435)
If emotions are the only thing we would consider while joining a job, I find it very much interesting and obviously I would like to join a job like this one. But my reasonings and logic suggest otherwise. It must be a great Sunday project but not at a good full time job. Hats off to your friend who has been able to adjust to the demand of his job.
@alokn99 (5717)
It is a commendable job and you have a special friend there. It does take a lot of determination,sacrifice and more to be able to do these kind of jobs for the welfare of others. It's something that i have always wanted to get involved with except probably the bit of the walking barefoot. The satisfaction that one gets in helping others and especially people who live a difficult life is difficult to express.
He sounds very dedicated, and I am sure you admire him. What is he doing for these villages. I do not know if I could do that. I would make sure my life insurance is in order, and my will. I would get all of my health appointments done. I would buy a couple of good pairs of walking shoes. I am wanting to walk a whole lot more because it is healthy for me. I bet he is healthy from all the walking and fresh air.
@mimpi1911 (25475)
Dear Firstly, I must tell you that what you did is really a great thing to do and I have my regards and best wishes for your friend. Trust me, this is not an ordinary job. Being very normal is not easy and your friend has an inside that's unmatchable. He must be very compassionate and passionate about his job. I salute him Having said this, I wish to do things like this in future just to help myself more than anyone else. This requires mental preparation and great deal of strength and poise. I wish to evolve as a greater human and proceed towards this. Thanks.