Favorite Cookies to Bake

@Shar19 (8236)
I like to bake cookies but I'm always looking for something new to make especially around the holidays. I always make chocolate chip cookies. I think they are the favorite in our family. What are your favorite cookies to bake?
@nicholejade (2430)
OOOOO I have had a hankering to make some homemade cookies for a long time. I just haven't got around to doing that as of yet. Maybe tonight I will make some. My family is big on the Chocolate Chip cookies as well. But I for one love Shortread cookies. They just melt in your mouth. Another one that we love which is very rich mind you is homemade oreo cookies. They are so good but I don't suggest you eat too many.
@Shar19 (8236)
Oh, they sound so good. I've never made homemade oreo cookies or shortbread before. Guess I'll have to try that one day.
@meiji15 (664)
any cookie, so long as they came out from a ready mix box. hehe, i really cant bake cookies and in the number of times i did, i always end up burning the cookies and the choco chips. it was only this week that i learned that the chips need to be dredged (well actually just covered) in flour so as not to sink in the bottom of the batter. anywho, im not quitting my goal of attaining the perfect cookie
@Shar19 (8236)
That's o.k. Sometimes the cookies that come from a mix are just as good as the ones made from scratch. Have you tried the refrigerated cookie dough that comes in a tub? Oh YUM!
I love making molasses cookies. But I am always up for trying something new.