Seven ways to identify a liar.

A liear swearing he is saying the truth. - eastbaycouples.com/.../uploads/2008/05/liar.jpg
300 x 208 - 8k
The seven ways to sniff out if your partner is true to you Not sure if your partner is true to you? Well, then here are a few signs that may help sniff out whether he/she is lying or not. Here are seven ways to identify a liar, reports FoxNews. 1. Consider the person's recall: Liars never forget what they have to say but they may stumble when telling a tale by making contradicting statements. They're also eager to change the subject. 2. Observe the person's overall body language: Liars can look ill at ease, fiddling with their hair, stroking their throat, or rubbing their eyes. With their body often turned away from you, you may notice hand or leg fidgeting. Liars also have trouble swallowing and may shake their heads after a point has been made. When the subject finally gets changed, they appear happier and more comfortable, maybe laughing nervously. 3. Take notice of any defensiveness: Liars will often take offence to any indication that they're under suspicion. They're likely to throw any accusations you throw at them back at you. They will also talk too much, feeling the need to over-explain themselves. 4. Home in on facial expressions: Liars fail to control their micro-expressions. While fibbing, you may notice nervous twitching. Their hand may be covering or touching their face. People also tend to touch the mouth when feeling guilty or anxious. They're particularly good with fake smiles. 5. Don't overlook the Pinocchio reaction: When a human tells a lie, extra blood gets pumped through the body and the nose swells by a fraction of millimeter. Liars may subsequently touch the tip of their nose unconsciously. 6. Concentrate on the eyes: A liar has a troubled brow and downcast or darting eyes. They have trouble directly engaging your gaze. They also give you eye-accessing clues. If the person is telling you the truth, he'll look up and to the left since that's the side of the brain we use for recalling information. If she's lying, she'll look up and to the right, which is the creative side of the brain, because she's mentally constructing something that hasn't happened. 7. Note the person's voice: The higher the stakes are, the more the liar has a fear of getting caught. With this, the liar has a harder time controlling his body language or her voice. The pitch or rate of the speech may change, with the individual giving a lot of "umms" and "ahhs." Often, a liar will appear stilted and monotone. Answers may seem rehearsed.
@stephcjh (32327)
Thanks for sharing these tips with us. I hate it when people lie to me and they swear they are telling the truth. Some people are very good liars.
Yep, and the best part is they have to keep lieing to cover up for the first lie and then they themselves forget what they had first said and its one big muddle for them too. I too hate liers but it is not always easy to judge whether a person is telling the truth or not. As you say, some can lie through their nose and we wont be any wiser. Cheers.
@underdogtoo (9591)
I have a fool-proof way of detecting a liar. i let them lie and don't make a fuss of it. Knowing a person lied to me is proof that he's a liar and will always tell a lie before he tells the truth. I therefore will never believe anything he or she says. It's a simple rule and I just have to remember who lied. Cheers!!!
Well, first we have to know whether they are lying or not. One cannot assume they are always telling lies. So, its best to be guided by these little tips to know if a person is honest or not. Then remember he is a liar and can lie through his nose.
@lilaclady (28236)
Yes I agree with that, I know a few people who for some reason I don't understand tell lies and I can see them in all those examples you have there, and they always forget in time exactly what they have, it would be so much easier for them to just tell the truth then you don't have to try to remember what you have said because the truth never changes...
Yes, one lie leads to another and it goes on and on till they themselves forget what they had originally lied about. Wish they learn from experience that it really is much easier telling the truth.