One of my friends is getting married

@suspenseful (40314)
One of my friends is getting married. She was married before, but they got a divorce because he was unfaithful, but now years later, he is back and they are getting married again. However it is cold outside and it is not Sunday. I am not used to wearing slacks at a wedding even if it is cold, but I know some of my friends will. Yet when there is a congregational meeting about budgets, expanding the church building, etc. I will wear slacks. So it seems that if it is Sunday, if it is a baptism, funeral, or wedding, I will wear a skirt or dress, but anything else I will wear slacks. So do you make a difference at what you are in the church building for, whether you will wear slacks or dresses or skirts?
@cher913 (25865)
i regularily attend a baptist church (weekly and sometimes more than that!) and while i still like to wear dresses and when i was younger, you just didnt wear pants to church! but now, most of our ladies wear jeans (a feat i dont plan to copy) and while i still wear skirts/dresses ocassionally, i do wear pants sometimes if we have something planned after church or if it is cold (we are in canada) but i mostly wear skirts.
Why should it make a difference for a woman to wear a dress/skirt or slacks, when men wear slacks all the time? I say wear what's comfortable! Personally I FEEL more comfortable in dresses because they are physically more comfortable, but I don't think women should have to change their style more than men merely because they ar women.
@maroseqf (3657)
Congratulate him for me! Anyway, I hope that he will be loyal this time. Marriage is a sacred thing and it should not be taken unseriously. He was wrong before and should not make the same mistake again. Well, about your attire, I think you should wear anything decent attire you want. I guess there is no required attire in the wedding. Some of the churches here in the Philippines require a specific attire especially during Sunday masses. They discourage revealing and inappropriate clothes.
@suspenseful (40314)
I was not the one getting married and it was a lady friend of mine. She married her ex husband. They got back together. And it was a nice wedding. Some wore slacks, and some wore skirts. It was rather cold, the temperature outside, but I had on my boots, so it was just cold around my knees.
@slickcut (8141)
well i don't wear slacks to church at all, because of the way i was raised,so i do not have anything aganst someone else doing it though,thats just me...My church always told the members to dress as if they were meeting God..vistors always did wear slacks though..but if i were you i would just wear whatever makes you comfortable...
@dragon54u (31644)
I wear slacks to church, but they are nice slacks and I wear a very dressy top. I try to look my best in church out of respect for the congregation and pastor as well as for being in my Father's house and showing respect for Him. If I looked nice in a dress I would certainly wear one but that's 40 pounds away!
@Lakota12 (42681)
nope dont matter I own no dresses just real nice pantsuits
@sid556 (30989)
I don't think it matters these days as long as you are dressed nicely and neat. Slacks can be very dressy. This time of year, I'd probably go for a nice pair of slacks and a nice top. With the right shoes, they are every bit as dressy as a dress and a lot warmer.
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
The important thing is you're there. God accepts us the way we come and I know you're a respectfull person, I know your clothes will be clean and it's appropriate to dress according to the weather, comfort and as I said the important thing is you're there.
@carmelanirel (20979)
I have gone into church buildings in shorts during the summer, so no, I wouldn't have any problem wearing slacks rather than a dress if it is cold..
@ElicBxn (61063)
D..dress, you want me to put on a d...dress? I DON'T do dresses! There was a monk in the church that 3 times while I went there printed an artical about wearing dresses - I'm sorry, I'm not wearing a dress, he can just BITE me!
I wear slacks every Sunday for church. I don not think that it is being disrepectful as I do not wear jeans although some of my nicest slacks are denim.
@stephcjh (32327)
I am not one of those people who likes to dress up alot anymore. I would wear whatever you are most comfortable in.
@rocketj1 (6960)
I attend a very casual church. I have a few skirts but I tend to wear slacks. Other people wear dresses, suits, jeans, shorts etc. We are an outreach to the community and we try not to make people feel that they must dress a certain way or have a certain amount of money. It has been very freeing for me as I grew up in a rather formal church where people seemed to always be checking out other peoples fashions. Each church has their own personality. While there is nothing wrong with formal, I'm happy to be where I am right now.