Non return of books to Library.

There was this discussion about the local library,my question is tell me honestly how many of you had returned back the books which you had taken from the library and conviniently forgotten about it. How many such books do you have with you now.
@luvandpower (2049)
LOL! Exceleent question, so unique. But anyway, I have more than one book that I have lost, and I did go back to the library and pay for the book. Luckily in teh state library where I am I only pay $15 per book, and no more no matter what.
Good luvandpower, that is an excellent thing which you have done, Keep up the honesty, it always pays in the long run. I did not mean about the lost books, we all loose so many things, and that it alright, what I meant was some people not returning the books and keeping it with them for good.
Ah well...I wanted to keep this one book in kindergarden...but my mom took it back ha ha!
@Porcospino (30155)
• Denmark
I usually return my library books on time, I can't afford the fine. I once lost a library book and I had to replace it. That was really expensive, I had to pay about $45. The book itself wasn't very expensive, it cost around $10, but the fine was huge. I felt very stupid having to pay that much for a such a small book, I thought there was a mistake or something, but there wasn't. Since then I have been more careful and I haven't lost any more books.
This seems to be ridiculous, paying a huge $45 fine for a $10 book, this is why people try to cheat. Did you not try to substitute the old book with a new book, would the library would have accepted that ?
@caver1 (1764)
I always try to return my library books on time. Sometimes though a family member or I will be late returning a book. We just pay the fine and everything is fine. I do not have any library book in my home that I have never returned.
Good, you seem to be a very careful person. Thanks for the response.
interesting but persoanlly i always return the books cuz i was able to enjoy the book and ai want someone else to enjoy it too now but if i forget.. which i have once then i calculate the fine.. if its too much then i dont return it i have two books like that happy lotting and have a nice day!
Thank you for the response thecrazyjogger,even after not returning the books do you continue to go the same library.
@ladynetz (968)
I return all my books on time. I know that there are those who "forget " to return. Don't forget, at one time or another, you'll be back, and then you'll have to pay the fine. So, I want to spare myself the embarassement, and return everything.
Thanks for the response ladynetz, you know when somebody keeps the books in his house, he or she makes so many people to miss reading thatparticular book, forget about the fine, these people never pay the fines, in the British Embassy library, there is a collection jar on the table for the fines to be put, but I have seen many well dressed people, instead of putting the entire fine,they just put the quarter of the amount and cooly walk out.