The future of the middle class

The economy is crashing down. Some say they've seen signs of it for awhile. With the state of the economy, two things come to mind. Someone once told me the way of life, with money, is the richer get richer and the poor just get poorer. I also remember someone telling me how middle class living, at least in the United Sates, is very impractical and will slowly die out. I think their words were it's unstainable way of living. I think there's a lot of pressure on the middle class and they tend to feel things harder than most groups. Do you think there will be a Middle Class in the future?
the middle class will always be there. they are the ones bridging that huge gap between the rich and the poor. the middle class are the working men who are well educated and well trained. there is no way that i can imagine a good running world devoid of such a reliable breed of workingmen. the skillful middle class is the lifeblood of most activities that men are involved in. just take a good look at any business running in the world. you will size up that it is always the middle class that holds the key to making things work.
thanks for the best response mark, my friend.
No problem. :)