Do You Have Mold in your house?

@winterose (39893)
Canada
December 31, 2008 2:18pm CST
Mold can make you very sick, if you have mold in your home or know someone who does, it is important that they read this article http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1261606/how_toxic_is_this_mold_why_black_mold.html?page=7&cat=5#comments Do You have mold in your home, or have you ever had any? What did you have to do to fix the problem? Did you find yourself getting sick from the mold?
2 people like this
12 responses
@Lakota12 (42678)
• United States
1 Jan 09
So far lucky have found no mold here but the stories I read about it are just awful.
1 person likes this
@winterose (39893)
• Canada
1 Jan 09
yes it is really dangerous - Happy new year my friend.
@Lakota12 (42678)
• United States
2 Jan 09
Happy New Years to you too hus
@mtdewgurl74 (18159)
• United States
1 Jan 09
Yes we have mold in our home only in one room though and that is our bedroom where it has sheetrock on one wall that sweats alot and get mold and mildew on it. It does affect my husbands breathing alot sometimes he can't even sleep in our room unless the walls are washed down really good with a bleach solution and then sprayed with Lysol. But usually within a week it is back and this only happens in the winter time usually. We are supposed to tear out the shreetrock and replace it with paneling so I really hope we can do that soom so I won't have to keep washing that wall down repeatedly throughout the winter months.
1 person likes this
@winterose (39893)
• Canada
1 Jan 09
yes I certainly hope that you can get it done soon too. It is bad for your health as well as your husband's
@mtdewgurl74 (18159)
• United States
1 Jan 09
Well, I went to link you gave and realized that the bleach I am using doesn't kill the mold spores so it is the reason it keeps coming back so quickly and that the airborne mold spores is what is causing the breathing problems me and my husband have. I am thinking now after reading the information about the mold that I will have to be doing more then the the sheetrock now. We had water damage in our walls where the water runned down them before we got a new roof put on and so now I realize that they are a high possibility now that I have mold inside my walls throughout my home..I think that is why I feel so tired and run down all the time and my husband also...But the cost of ripping out all the walls and replacing them and the insulation is going to be very costly so slow going for us.
@ronaldinu (12439)
• Malta
2 Jan 09
I try to keep the apertures open to have good ventilation. This helps in combatting mold in the house. thanks for sharing this information. Here is an interesting article that helps in combatting house molds.http://ezinearticles.com/?Combating-Mold-in-Your-Home&id=1707024
1 person likes this
@winterose (39893)
• Canada
3 Jan 09
thanks hon
@checapricorn (16049)
• United States
1 Jan 09
[i]Hi winterose, We have no mold in our house and even when I was single and live with my Parents, I have not seen any molds... Don't know also anyone of my friends who have the same problem..I will for sure try to get rid of it right away the moment I will see it inside the house!@[/i]
1 person likes this
@winterose (39893)
• Canada
2 Jan 09
good for you hon, happy New Year
@wildplace (154)
• Germany
1 Jan 09
I had mold in my condo, when I bought it. We had to open the wall and rebuilt them to get rid of the mold. So everything is fine now. And it came out that the allergic reaction my dog was always having during the first three month in that condo was coming from the mold. now we are living here for a year and the mold is gone and the dog is getting healthier each day.
1 person likes this
@winterose (39893)
• Canada
1 Jan 09
excellent! Happy New Year to you and yours
@DonnaLawson (4032)
• United States
1 Jan 09
We don't have any mold growing, any that we know of, but I have read that it is a very dangerous thing to be exposed to.. It can make you physically sick and needs to be cleaned by a professional.. It can also get very costly.. I am not sure about it but I thought Kilz was good for covering the mold, especially when painting, but that may not be enough to make it safe for you to be around, even if it is covered..
1 person likes this
@winterose (39893)
• Canada
1 Jan 09
covered is just masking the problem it is not getting rid of it and you have to get rid of it.
@stephcjh (32303)
• United States
1 Jan 09
We don't have any mold in our home that I know of. I know some of the neighbors do but they don't care to do anything about it. I know it would make me sick.
1 person likes this
@winterose (39893)
• Canada
1 Jan 09
yes it certainly would make you sick if not because you are physically sick, but I know you would not be able to stand looking at it.
• United States
1 Jan 09
i have had mold in the past with a place i lived but thank god it was on the 1st floor and i was never in that area but i am almost deathly allergic to mold so if we found it we would probably end up moving since treating it can be so hard
1 person likes this
@winterose (39893)
• Canada
1 Jan 09
it is costly to treat it that is for sure.
• India
1 Jan 09
Yes i have mold in my house. My small mother like same as one beautiful mold.
1 person likes this
@winterose (39893)
• Canada
1 Jan 09
this is not the same thing as I am talking about, I am talking about mold that goes on your walls, in the bathroom and else where, it was explained in the article happy new year
• United States
31 Dec 08
I do have mold and have had it the house for about 8 years aznd it does not affect me at all. Althought it does aggravate me when I get an occasional dollar weed growing up through the carpet.
1 person likes this
@winterose (39893)
• Canada
31 Dec 08
I am happy the mold doesn't doesn't affect you Happy new year my friend.
• United States
31 Dec 08
I do not have mold in my house. It is very dangerous to the health and should not be dealt with mildly. I have never had a mold problem, but I have know people who have. I knew a yound girl who was very sick because of mold. The doctors did not know that it was mold and thought she had some type of cancer among other conditions. She went through several treatments to no avail, and then they finally figured out her problem. Her young sister and mother were sick as well, so they discovered it was mold. When that was discovered, they were treated and all got better.
1 person likes this
@winterose (39893)
• Canada
31 Dec 08
that is wonderful that they got better, happy new year
• United States
31 Dec 08
I was coughing for a while, went to the doctor, who said it was environmental. She sent me for a pulmonary test, sure enough the diagnosis was asthma (lung condition). I have to be on asthma control and allergy meds. I called in a contractor, who tested for mold & mildew = 90% in the basement and garage. He treated it by spraying some kind of mixture which smelled like clorox. We had to have it done twice. It can be costly unless you know how to do it yourself. However, my cough did not clear up, since it had already infected my lungs.
1 person likes this
@winterose (39893)
• Canada
31 Dec 08
oh goodness I hope your cough gets better in time. Happy new year my friend.