found needle in corned beef!

Philippines
January 19, 2009 1:28am CST
my sister bought "swift" brand corned beef. my niece found a broken needle when she was about to eat it. good thing she looked at her spoon. otherwise, she could have swallowed it. what's scary is this needle might be contaminated. have you ever experienced this?
1 person likes this
5 responses
@rsa101 (22753)
• Philippines
19 Jan 09
Wow that was indeed scary you should have complained that to your local stores so that everyone can be warned about it. I just hope that this is a very isolated case of negligence as I found that the brand you just mentioned is a well known brand of their own kind of product. I really think that we have to be vigilant of what we buy and eat for that matter. Even the well-known brands still has to be checked upon because this kind of cases can really happen.
• Philippines
20 Jan 09
my sister wanted to complain but my brother-in-law threw away the needle. she has no evidence now. :(
1 person likes this
@rsa101 (22753)
• Philippines
20 Jan 09
Too bad, you could have taken pictures of it showing that the needle is in the food. Anyway it is really hard to proved unless you have discovered that when opening the can yourself. They may claim that the needle that you found might accidentally placed in there while you were cooking the food.
• Philippines
21 Jan 09
yeah, they can make all sorts of excuses just so they won't pay.
1 person likes this
@julyteen (13257)
• Davao, Philippines
25 Jan 09
I think you must complain it to their company, maybe you can send them an email about the content of their product. It's very frustrating if you found out a needle inside the can. Did you try send them an email? i think you can reached them through online. Swift has a good reputation but i think this post might lowered their reputation.
• Philippines
27 Jan 09
my sister just let it go because her husband threw away the needle. she doesn't have evidence anymore.
• Philippines
21 Jan 09
Hi, i never experienced such,and should that happened to me or if I were in your sister's shoe, I will really find ways to take some shots to it or shall we say have some video and I will take some steps to be able to reach the swift co. to do the explaining to me otherwise I will take legal action. It was no joke having needles ha. I have been trying to figure out, how in the world of Swift co. could a corned beef meet section have needles, where they are not even fabric co.? and I presumed that it was really place there by purpose, maybe not the swift's owner but one of those workers to sabotage.(sorry to do the presumptions) Oh, Oh, no matter what, I will try not to buy swift product anymore. Thanks for the info.
• Philippines
21 Jan 09
yes, we should be more careful on what products to buy. it seems like nothing's safe anymore.
@jammyt (2822)
• Philippines
19 Jan 09
Oh that IS scary!You can sue you know... it may be hassle but if you can prove it and all, might be worth it..
• Philippines
20 Jan 09
yeah, my sister could have sued the company but there's no needle now to prove it.
@riyasam (16570)
• India
12 Feb 09
this is really scary!!you should have reported this incident,so that people will be more careful in the future.hope such cases wont occur again. happy posting.