civil or church wedding?

our office mate was so happy telling everyone in the office that she was married last week. and i could sense from her that she is indeed happy. the first days of marriage. i mean, who would not be?.. it is a lifelong journey tying a knot together, for better and for worst. and then, i have this in mind, if i am to be married, would i go for a civil or church?.. of course, i wanted that it would be nice and simple.. how about you, what do you want for your wedding?. or what is your wedding dream?. or your preferences?
@jlamela (4907)
I will still prefer a church wedding than a civil wedding. The only concern of people why they are afraid to tie a knot in a church ceremony because of the expenses, but a Church wedding should not be expensive, it should be planned carefully and would never eat up much of the couple's financial resources. My dream wedding is very simple: a church wedding with intimate gathering of immediate family members. After the ceremony, it is ideal to just have a simple lunch together in our house, not necessarily in a trendy restaurant or hotel, it will give you lots of headaches and troubles. Anyway, I will just treat my co-workers and friends with lunch or dinner in the house some other day.
Good for you that you preferred it to be at church. I agree with you that Church wedding need not be expensive, you just have to plan it to get it less. But for me since it is happened only once in life, it don't matter to me the big expenses. You both have to give the best for it since it is your lifetime commitment to your partner and before God. May God Bless you on your plans for wedding.
@Chispa514 (871)
• Montreal, Quebec
Honestly, where I get married is not as important to me as who is there with me. If I am head over heels in love with my partner, and want to spend the rest of my life with him, I do not care if its in a church, at city hall, in a field, on a subway, whatever lol. So long as I'm marrying him, and we're surrounded by the friends and family who mean the most to us, that is all that matters to me.
thank you my friend. but somehow, the person who are there will serve as witnesses to the unions of vows that both of you were making. it is sanctified with their presence too.. thanks anyways..
@donsky14 (5962)
For me, I would want a church wedding...cause I want God to be the witness of our love. Call me hopeless romantic...lol
church wedding is still the best choice of all. however, due to financial constraints, some are daring to have civil wedding. well, most of all, there is not much finances that is involve when there is no people around. and the lesser, the cheaper.. however, there is no wrong about it. God is still the witness. HE is the creator of every human individual and is love to watch the union of the two. .though there is much difference when it is in the church..