what is this bible black???

@riyasam (16571)
i heard it somewhere off handedly,has it any connection to the holy bible.........
@savypat (20245)
A lot of older bibles use to come in black only, It's the same King James version that you can now get in colors, I think. I haven't brought a bible in a long time.
@riyasam (16571)
i didnot mean its cover,there some book called as bible black(i assume)
@savypat (20245)
Sorry, I looked on the internet and found a video game, and several other references to a black bible.
@riyasam (16571)
no problem savvy,just go through the link provided in response no 9.
Were they maybe referring to the Satanic Bible?
@riyasam (16571)
i have heard it contradicts,what is written in holy bible
The Satanic Bible was written by Atonine LaVey who founded the Church of Satan back in the 60's. The Black Mass is an inversion of the traditional Mass (Catholic), and yes is considered Basphamous by the church itself. I'm not longer a Christian and don't view other beliefs as heretical. I'm not sure on just how long the Black Mass has been around, but from what little I've read and viewed on historical documentaries I want to say it has been around at least since the Dark Ages. I really don't think it had anything to do with "devil worship", but more to do with turning a direct back to the church and some of the hypocritcal things they were doing during that age. The Crusades for example were something done in the name of God, and yet when we study history we know they were completely contrary to any belief system. Happy Mylotting and researching. Anora
@bombshell (11265)
dont know
@riyasam (16571)
read response no 3
@bombshell (11265)
thanks riyah
@mimpi1911 (25475)
Hi Riya!I have heard of this Black Bible from one of the staffs here in my hospital. Its a version of Bible. Black Bible is a dynamic equivalence Bible translation series. There has been no announcement concerning further releases in the series for the remainder of the Biblical books. The Black Bible Chronicles books were all written by P.K. McCary. The original Biblical passages are summarized, the rhythm of the original verses is maintained, but the vocabulary and phrasing uses African American Vernacular English, according to Wikipedia.
@riyasam (16571)
i didnot know such elaborate information.thanks.
@Bebs08 (10685)
Well, maybe because most Bible cover is black the is maybe the reason they call it black Bible. I also heard some people call the the Bible... the black book. That is that black Bible and the the Bible most people used are all the same.
@riyasam (16571)
err....i didnot mean the cover.
@Muelitz (1592)
I don't think that is true. The Holy Bible comes in different sizes and color and is not limited to the color black. The only difference about these bibles are the content or the way they have been translated from the original.
@riyasam (16571)
thanks for the response.
You obviously mean the cover, and mine's blue. My husband's is brown. Black is, indeed, the most common color for the covers, but I doubt that there's any religious reason for that. It probably has something to do with elegance and conservatism.
@riyasam (16571)
see the link provided in response no 9
@zandi458 (27951)
I have never heard of black bible. I would like to know more about it.
@riyasam (16571)
see the link provided in response no 9
@salonga (27842)
Bible Black my dear is an eroge video game for Microsoft Windows. That is what I know. And for this, this is definitely not in anyway connected to the holy Bible.
@riyasam (16571)
thanks for the information,dear.